Scarecrow and Mrs. King

SoapDope

• Members

Anyone else a fan of this classic 80's series ? I remember it from back in the day and recently bought the season 1 DVD's. I plan to purchase the rest of the series soon.

About 10-12 years ago PAX reran it.

It's hard to believe sometimes that Bruce was married to Melissa Gilbert. I always found her grating.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About 10 years ago, I got to see Bruce Boxleitner in person at the Western Film Festival in Tombstone, AZ. He is even more handsome in person. It was a combination Western film stars (and he was in several, including installments of Kenny Rogers' The Gambler movies) and a Little House on the Prairie cast reunion. So he was there with his then-wife, Melissa Gilbert, and their kids. She was very standoffish - only appearing at one autograph session while the rest of the LHOP cast were present for at least three. When I (and my brother, who graciously attended with me so I wouldn't have to travel alone) walked around the town to either eat or souvenir shop, I heard other fans there gossiping about them. "He's WAY too good for her!"

Another S&MK connection at that same event - another star present was Stella Stevens, who at one time was Kate Jackson's real-life mother-in-law. She was the first to be introduced at the event by the mayor of Tombstone. On her way up to the dais, she tripped and nearly fell flat on her face. Thankfully, the fans around her caught her before she hit the ground. When she approached the microphone, she was a bit embarrassed but otherwise OK.

Archived