re: Lillian Hayman. @Lust4Life76
I don't think much was actually discussed about Hayman until Victoria Rowell brought it to people's attention years later. This is may be another case of my patchy OLTL history, but it feel like that's when people focused on it again.
I remember when we discussed Ellen Holly in the past I had her book, and there were several instances where she said something in the book or in print interviews that was not borne out by facts (ex. Slezak being places she could not possibly have been). I think she has a real right to be angry, but she seemed (like Kim Zimmer in her book) to blame the wrong people and get facts wrong. She put a lot of her anger on Erika Slezak for some reason. I found that odd because Slezak was one of the few who spoke openly about the way Rauch did away with discussions of class and race. It's even in her Television Academy interview. Holly accused Slezak of using the "n" word and then one of Holly's romantic partners came out (don't remember his name now) and defended Slezak and said Holly was a nightmare to work with.
This is why I wonder if the network put a kibosh on Ellen Holly returning to OLTL because of what had happened during Holly's tenure.
As for Rauch, I always find Liz Keifer's comments about him interesting. She makes him sound like a creep who had a certain type of woman he liked to cast. Yet Slezak liked him and maybe that's why Holly turned on her.
By
chrisml ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.