Halt & Catch Fire

ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

Was just curious if anyone else was watching this on AMC?

I actually wasn't even aware of this part of history as it relates to the computer revolution. So I find the concept and the setting of Texas to be quite fascinating.

Lee Pace is quite simply an amazing actor and each of the three main characters are very interesting. The dynamic between each pair is just incredible. The young genius versus the experienced older guy. The genius and the visionary. The visionary and the guy who feels like he's settled for less than he deserves.

I really hope it does well ratings wise...reviews seem very positive.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am watching and I was living in Dallas and working for Frito-Lay in the aftermath. So. Feel really familiar. I think the history is fascinating, but the characters are kind of wonky. Very "Wolf of Wall Street" meets "Big Bang" EDS and TI.

I love Cameron. She's always the smartest "guy" in the room.

• Members

Variety names Chris Rodgers and Chris Cantwell (co-writers of Halt and Catch Fire) as writers to watch in 2014.

http://variety.com/gallery/varietys-10-tv-scribes-to-watch-2/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breakingnewsalert#!3/chris-cantwell-and-chris-rogers/

Focusing on the quiet revolutions of an industry whose importance would only become fully apparent later, as well as office gender politics and what Rogers calls “the degree to which people who create things put their problems into that product,” the two were well aware that “Halt” would catch comparisons to their home net's “Mad Men,” but resolved to isolate themselves from the noise.

“You can never follow a show like 'Mad Men,' or a show like 'Breaking Bad,' those are shows that are in the vanguard,” Cantwell says. “We really worked to differentiate ourselves, and I think people will feel a different energy from the pilot onward.”

• Members

Hey! Yeah I love the historical atmosphere of it and while I technology I'm not software engineer and I don't understand code at all so I find the dialogue and the struggle for what they want to achieve very interesting to watch.

Cameron is definitely interesting however I think Lee Pace is absolute magnetic in his role. Every time he's on screen I'm just glued to what ever he's saying and the interactions he has with the other characters.

That ending scene between the three of them was just fantastic. And correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed like Cameron confronted him about it all being made up?

• Members

No. You are right, she did. It's one of the things I love about her. He's basically all about sales and strategy and creating illusion and She really sees right through him. Knows what he's going to do before he does at times. I loved how Cameron said they were going to fire her as soon as they had her code, and when whatshisface admitted it, she was like "Really?!!". LOL. She knew it. But she just couldn't believe it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I got really confused when Cameron was at Roger and Donna's house (I think?). What was the guy that Roger fired doing there? I must have dozed off or something, because I couldn't figure out what was going on. Loved how Donna handled Cameron. And that she figured out exactly what Joe had done, and told her husband.

Those scenes with the "investor's" husband last week were just nuts. It was also weird because the guy who played the husband, played a gay quarterback on Unnecessary Roughness.

Archived