Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Can we not start another Y&R/Victoria Rowell war and derail this thread. She's a great actress and has awesome talent. I do wish she had stayed at Y&R and I think whatever horrible treatment she received was horrible and should be addressed.

But she's not on Empire yet and I'm sure she wishes nothing but the best for the show.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that MotheGreat brought up a valid point. VR's whole battle for diversity and networks' excuses for not hiring black writers and production members are coming back to haunt them in tenfold because Empire is so successful. And it has a diverse production team on and offscreen. Daytime could've once again been ahead of the curve but again they are behind it. Now with Empire's success, Daytime has no excuse for diversity.

My only gripe with VR is that I wish she would've capitalized on it by taking The Rich and the Ruthless and making a pilot of out of it. She still could be doing that now that Empire has the ratings it has. Now is the time for black screenwriters to pitch their ideas to networks now that everyone wants to gain the urban audience--the same ones that faithfully watch Lee, Shonda, and Tyler's shows, which are all successes.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Back to Empire, Puffy is causing drama for his stepson. His stepson suppose to appear on the show but Puffy didn't like the rule the Fox had his son signing over portion of his music rights. I got a feeling they going to add that to the show.

Edited by MoTheGreat

• Members

Nobody wants Quincy on the show. At least I don't. And I am glad that Lee and FOX paid him dust. Should be glad that someone is trying to provide his son with a platform to jumpstart his career.

Yes, Quincy! Keep listening to your "father" [b/c Al B. Sure is his real daddy], who has a track record of screwing over people's careers. Dead bodies of fallen soldiers who worked for him litter the Bad Boy offices.

Puffy is just trying to get a dollar because he knows his current acts [i.e. French Montana, MGK, Cassie, etc] aren't selling sh*t. Idiots only sign with him. Sadly, my boo Janelle Monae is on that crap label.

• Members
Oh...I see you answered. I asked the same question. Probably should have read further.

Jamal's presence probably irks you because he is exceedingly annoying with his self righteousness accompanied with lack of ambition. But that's changing. I wuuub him!

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I want you to know that since the success of Empire, I been reading different articles about the show. & they all brought up, black people are the creators or executive producers.

2nd we said this for awhile black people watch much more tv then any other people. I remember before the DVR & things my father use to tell us to video tape it so he can watch it later.

3rd Advertisement & the tv runners always trying to get white viewership to go up, white females Daytime or white males night time.

Empire is #1 in black households 62%,

Scandal

HTGAWM

Blackish 24%

Flash 19%

Jane the Virgin 19% - This a Spanish show right

This not the article I was talking about, but,

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-black-audiences-television20150202-story.html#page=1

Edited by MoTheGreat

• Members

Yes! His whole attitude as he lays up on his fathers money having sex with his lover. Then he decides he doesn't want his father's money, which is fine, but why the decision to take his Empire? Not that Mousy is capable, but his conclusion just does not make sense to me. Entitled little bastard!

• Members

I think he only decided to "take" his father's Empire because Lucious offered it up to all of his sons to compete for it. I don't think it was just a random, "I'm going to take it". As far as I'm concerned, Jamal's big mistake is making some ridiculous stand. If I were him, I'd be laying up in that huge mansion with my beard, while I visit my man on the side. tongue.png