Ratings from the 80's

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 3/6/89-3/10/89 & 3/13/89-3/17/89:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 3/20/89-3/24/89 & 3/27/89-3/31/89:

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"DAYS" 1980'S WEDDINGS: THE RATINGS...

Here's a look at the 31 weddings that took place on "Days" in the 1980's, from highest-to-lowest rated weeks. Please note: Weeks in red are "fast weekly" weeks (Nielsen only issued preliminary data for these weeks, not final numbers). No data is available for the week of Don & Liz's wedding.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Bo/Hope wedding rates the same as Pete/Ivy from the same year.

Surprised there wasn't more of a bump for Bo/Hope. Culmination of major story/location shoot/expensive wedding gown etc.

In fact Bo/Hope rates lower than Larry/Hope the year before.

I wonder if there was any fall out from that in terms of expense v ratings result?

• Members

Y&R has definitely officiated itself as a strong #1 rather quickly, over a million ahead of the pack. 

I was wondering how OLTL would do in the ratings amid Eterna given how the Old West caused a big drop but they actually did rather well. Unfortunately the storytelling becomes all over the place, no fallout on the Viki/Megan reveal and the show relies on the baby switch and Austin for its last hurrah. 

• Members

I found this newspaper article tonight for the 10/19/87 week that is missing. This confirms the rankings (1st to 8th place) that VR posted are correct!  Unfortunately, no article for the missing 12/14/87 week is in any newspaper.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Generations just plummeted into the low 2s fast despite having excellent coverage.

And yikes, DAYS just crashed with it - I know a lot of people have said the show was messy at this point but I think the previous Scrabble lead in must've helped.

Edited by te.