David Cassidy arrested on THIRD drunk driving charge

alphanguy74

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate the term "has-been". I think anyone who has had as many hits as he's had, and has as much talent as he's got always has soemthing to offer, but unfortuantely, he seems to have derailed himself. I wonder why. Considering how his father had alcohol problems, he should have never started drinking at all. Too risky. He certainly can make a fine living in concert work, so I wonder what is triggering all these binges? But after three times, his license needs to GO. FOREVER. It's just so sad to me, his brother Shaun seems to be happy, well adjusted, and successful. People close to him have said that the death of the 14 year old girl at one of his concerts in 1974 has haunted him his entire life.. you just wonder what goes on inside his head.

• Members

Oh, just WOW. I've been reading up on our Mr. Cassidy, and apparently he's been acting like a royal douchebag for quite some time! I don't think I got any sympathy for him now! Apparently he's been going to autograph shows and treating fans rudely, refusing to take pictures with POLICE OFFICERS who work security at events, and apparently even refusing to take a picture with Debby Boone herself! Fans all over have said that as much turmoil and personal crap Danny bonaduce gets into, that at least HE is nothing but gracious and accommadating of his fans, while David apparently will call people names from the stage, etc. What a trainwreck. I had no clue. And I watched a few youtube clips of recent concerts. His voice is GONE.

• Members

That's why I say he's a has been. All of the stories about how he behaves to people behind the scenes, his fans, other celebrities...appalling and unappreciative. THAT is a has been to me, someone who is no longer relevant in pop culture, but has the gall to be unappreciative of those who remember them.

Danny Bonaduce...you know something, he has his demons, but he is a swell guy to *everyone* he works with. There's a reason he's still going strong in a 30 year radio career.

• Members

I always like to know what someone blew when they get a dui. a .19% and this is his third??! Wow.

I have been open about this, online and in my real life, I have one. I got it, about 3 years ago. Blew a .28, redic. I had no right to drive, or even be that drunk. But i paid my fines, did my house arrest, had the restricted license, went to the education classes and went to aa (the actual worst part, honestly) and have not done it since. Not just not gottnen another DUI but not drank and drove. At all. Not even one beer. because i do not want another one, ever. And i do not want to get back into the habit of thinking its ok to drive after any drinks. It was weird too, i was so drunk i dont know why i rove because before that I had honestly done it maybe a handful of times at best. I had awesome parents who would always come get me, id take a taxi, i didnt even drive with friends who were drunk that i couldnt stop. I broke my drinking rule that night of never drinking when emotional and paid for it.

Its sad when it happens at all, but its really sad when people do learn from it. It sucked and I never want to go through it again. But i also took mine very seriously and a lot of people dont and im not sure what could be done to change that. the consequences, at least here, are pretty big.

Archived