Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well let me rephrase, he wasn't around when he needed to be. They would get story going then he would have some ridiculous excuse to leave town. During the time he was on, he would get 4 days a week. Momentum in a story, then poof...be gone again. Anyone watching this show could see how that hurt the story.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not confused. I enjoyed his acting. To each his own.

Didn't really notice that. I remember him going out of town for that reality show twice, and it didn't impact the storylines negatively IMO. The Victoria kidnapping storyline was atrocious and would have been even if he were there for the whole thing. The bad writing is the writers fault not his.

• Members

I guess that is where we disagree. I think writers, EP, and BM share the blame. I am also ecstatic that JFP refused the make the same mistake. Her choices were to continue to allow BM these outs that affect the story as seen on screen or recast. She chose to recast. That was the best decision if she wants to put a quality product on air.

As for the kidnapping, there was no way to rationally tell that story without the full commitment of BM. He wasn't committed. Hence, we got a ridiculous story. With his contract, the writers could have just decided to not EVER give him a front burner story or do what they did. What's the point in having im on if he doesn't add to the show.

• Members

That year Billy went to Myanmar, cheated, and then came back to town to hang around in a trailer because BM had other commitments didn't impact the show negatively at all RME.

The clip of Red rolling down the stairs is always good for a laugh.

So Summer is not necessarily addicted to those pills she just took too many at once thinking they would keep her extra alert.

Chelsea waltzes into the shoot picks out two outfits then leaves Sharon in charge. Yeah she really cares about this line.

• Members

That' kidnapping storyline was horrible from the beginning. Usually when a character is pertinent to storyline and they are not able to film, a temp is brought in. If he was that pertinent to the storylines, they would have done the same.

• Members

They probably should have brought in a temp instead of working around BM's other commitments. Alas, they chose not to do that. But really, why pay BM and a temp? You might as well send him on his way and hire an actor committed to the show. Again. this is what JFP did.

Archived