The Paula Abdul Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I adore her, and for many years was in love with her. Forever Your Girl remains a true classic. Spellbound was a great album. Rush Rush was directed by George Lucas.

David Fincher, pre - feature film, directed her Cold Hearted video as well. That remains one of the hottest videos ever, at least IMO.

• Members

wub.png @ this thread

mad.gif @ you all for not even bothering to name-check her best video:

IMO, Paula was the only chick that had the chops to rival Queen Janet (the fact that she'd choreographed Queen Janet's earlier videos is not lost on me) in the world of pop. These days, she's sadly underrated as a force of talent because of her erratic behavior, but homechick was the sh!t during my elementary school years.

Don't believe me? Here's a prime example of her magic:

On another note, I just learned recently that Cold-Hearted Snake was about John Stamos.

• Members

The woman is by far one of the best dancers ever in the industry. Tracey Ullman Show (Two Primetime Emmys won), Coming to America, Jerry McGuire, Big, Academy Awards, The Running Man, American Beauty, The Doors, etc. She also choreographed the Jacksons Reunion Tour (during which she supposedly had a fling with Jermaine), Janet Jackson, INXS, George Michael, Pointer Sisters. Her ability is astounding. Can you tell that I'm a fan boy? smile.png

She was also seeing Arsenio Hall for a while, which is why he appeared in her Straight Up video.

A criminally underrated song and video by her:

• Members

Paula's affair was with Jackie, which ended his marriage to his late then-wife, Enid. I'm not sure if this happened before or during her work in Queen Janet's Control-era, though.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that this thread was made because her skills/accomplishments are often overlooked these days. I also loved this underrated gem:

• Members

I think Forever Your Girl is my favorite followed closely by Rush Rush. Third would have to be Straight Up followed Cold Hearted. I got to say another good one that didnt so that well was Kisses in the Wind...another fav is Promise of A New Day.

Archived