Question for Long Term AMC fans who remember the early 70s

• Members

For those who watched and remember the show back then how did the show's look and feel change after Agnes Left??

What kind of storylines do you recall that are not usually brought up on Anniversaries? Anniversaries tend to cover all the highlights of the 80s but never a lot of the 70s.

Who remembers the original Brooke? Thanks!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the early '70s are WAY before my time, but just from reading things online and in books, I would have liked to have seen the Vietnam stuff (Phil missing in action and Ruth's anti-war speech). I would, no doubt, have loved watching early Erica - like her first marriage to Jeff Martin and the abortion storyline. The facelift story with Margo sounds interesting as well. If we go a little later (around 1976/77), I would want to see the two hookers with hearts of gold - Donna and Estelle!! Anything with Phoebe would be a treat (like her hiring Myrtle to pose as Kitty's mom). The retardation story (and subsequent SIDS death) with Anne's baby, Beth, sounds really sad but powerful. I've actually seen a brief clip and Judith Barcroft was excellent! The clip was Anne and Paul having an argument about putting the baby in an institution (Anne was against it).

BTW, when did Agnes first leave? I know she took a break circa 1983 to focus on Loving. I'm pretty sure throughout most of the '90s she was at least a story consultant (during McTavish - Broderick).

AMC synopsis from November 1975:

1975-11-AMC-1.jpg

1975-11-AMC-2.jpg

1975-11-AMC-3.jpg

1975-11-AMC-4.jpg

• Members

Yes, Erica worked for Anne very early on and ended up going to New York as a buyer or something along those lines, and I believe that's how she got discovered by Jason Maxwell. The early 70s stuff was before my time too, but I've read all of the cheap romance novel-style books written about the show's early years.

I would have loved to see Erica's abortion, Nick finding out that Phil is his son, and Nick and Erica's relationship.

• Members

Somewhere on YT there is an Oprah Special with a clip of Jeff confronting Erica about the Abortion. I wish they would have showed stuff like that during the i Love Lucci marathons. I think there are more AMC clips than they want us to believe from the early 70's mainly because the story of why there are so little episodes is foggy and everyone seems to have a different version.

• Members

Even though Robin Strasser wasn't a fan of her own character, I would like to see the early stuff with Dr. Christina and her mix of mental/emotional issues. I believe a fan who was watching back then said that Christina and Erica didn't have much interraction but I'm still very curious to see how Strasser and Lucci played off of one another, especially with Lucci having a ball becoming the face of daytime playing a character Strasser essentially created when she's stuck with a dud like Christina.

Is there any Tyrone the pimp on YouTube?

Archived