Crisis: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

CRISIS

From writer/producer Rand Ravich (“Life,” “The Astronaut’s Wife”) and starring Dermot Mulroney (“The Grey,” “My Best Friend’s Wedding”), Gillian Anderson (“The X-Files,” “Hannibal”), Lance Gross (“Tyler Perry’s House of Pain,” “The Last Fall”) and Rachael Taylor (“Transformers,” “Red Dog”) comes an emotionally charged, action thriller. It’s field trip day for the students of Ballard High School, a place that educates the children of Washington, D.C.’s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players and even the president’s son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis. Now with some of the country’s most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child’s safe return? With so many parents and dignitaries put into play with nowhere to turn and no one to trust, this unthinkable scenario grows from the select families at risk to an entire nation at stake. Also starring are Stevie Lynn Jones (“Battle Force,” “Rogue”), Halston Sage (“The First Time,” “How to Rock”), Joshua Erenberg (“The Incredible Burt Wonderstone,” “The Green Hornet”), Max Schneider (“How to Rock,” “Rags”), James Lafferty (“One Tree Hill,” “S. Darko”), Max Martini (“Saving Private Ryan,” “The Unit”) and Michael Beach (“The Game,” “Third Watch”).

Ravich, Far Shariat (“Life,” “I Love You Phillip Morris”) and Phillip Noyce (“Salt,” “Patriot Games”), who directed the pilot, serve as executive producers. “Crisis” is from 20th Century Fox Television

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I watched this last night, and I really enjoyed it. This will take over Believe in my Sunday night viewing lineup.

ABOUT THE SHOW

To bring the most powerful people in the world to their knees... threaten what they hold most dear.

It's field trip day for the students of Ballard High, a school that educates the children of Washington, D.C.'s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players, even the President's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis.

Now, with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return? With so many parents and dignitaries put into play with nowhere to turn and no one to trust, the unthinkable grows from the select families at risk to an entire nation at stake.

2013_0409_Crisis_Bio_Gillian-Anderson_902013_0510_Crisis_Bio_Dermot-Mulroney_9002013_0409_Crisis_Bio_Lance-Gross_900x9002013_0409_Crisis_Bio_Max-Martini_900x9002013_0409_Crisis_Bio_Michael-Beach_900x9

http://www.nbc.com/crisis

• Members

I can't wait to watch this on Hulu when I get home. I'm only watching this because Martha Byrne mentioned she was in it. Then I saw the promos and it looks like s he'll have a good role, plus the show looks really good so I'm excited.

• Members

Here's the promo with Martha Byrne. From the amount she was filming I'd say she has to appear in at least 2-3 episodes. It looks like a meaty role as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-AGf5RLR0M

I watched the pilot and was very impressed. I will ignore the TERRIBLE green screen work and say that this will be an entertaining show to tide me over until 24 returns. The cast is very strong, the action is good and the twists were just enough to build momentum. I like that they're using the parents to carry out whatever master plan this is. It's better than the Dermont character simply being evil. I wonder if any of the parents will sacrifice their kids and tell whats going on. Whatever the case, I feel it's going to be a tense ride.

I cannot wait to see what happens with Martha Bryne's character. I love that they used a soap star for one of the main promos they used. I hope it leads to more roles for her.

Archived