GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A later episode had Carly say that Michael told her he was going straight to his apartment to sleep it off (instead he went to the meeting and then to see Sonny) so I guess that was meant to explain that, kinda, but it still makes ZERO sense. Why would she come pounding in to wake him up then? Why was AJ there ANYWAY? and the line of dialogue did make it sound like she thougth he should have been there all night.

Give them another WGA!

• Members

I see your point, but I just pulled it up on YT, and Carly's words support what you say up until the point to where she runs out of the bedroom and excitedly uttered "Michael's bed has not been slept in...he never came home after the nurses ball".

I was just about to stand corrected until I re-watched and I knew I cringed for a reason. Add in Bobby phoned to tell Carly that Lulu has not been found at all but LL are headed in a positive direction, so I'm up!

Don't understand her visit at all :(

Yeah, I was pissed!

• Members

I'm sorry, I don't understand why this contradicts Carly thinking Michael would have gone home to sleep after the night with Brenda? What she was saying was Michael hasn't been home in almost 24 hours even though he was dead tired, what's going on? I still don't understand the confusion.

I'm also not sure what your point is about Bobbie and Carly. Can you clarify?

• Members

Bobbie/Carly? Not related to the matter at hand, I was just pissed.

As for Carly's words. It just the usual crap that lacks continuity. The script writers don't communicate at all, and I'm just not quite sure why LW said nothing (assuming she didn't). This is just too sloppy. There is no ambiguity there at all, and whomever wrote Carly fighting Brenda in the lobby after arguing with her in the hotel suite because MICHAEL SLEPT WITH BRENDA AND WOKE UP IN HER BED THE NEXT MORNING cannot possibly be the same person who wrote the Carly/AJ scenes. Someone needs to buy these folks some bagels and coffee and introduce them to one another so that they are comfortable communicating on a regular basis. It's just awful!

Oh, I don't think I answered your question. It contradicts simply because Carly knows that Michael didn't go home after the nurses ball because SHE found him in bed with Brenda the next morning. It's just slop, very noticeable slop!

• Members

I see it differently. Carly was just saying that Michael hasn't been home since the Nurses Ball, which was last night -- a long time. It doesn't mean she thought he came home after the Nurses Ball. It's clear the writer knew Michael had been with Brenda after the Nurses Ball, because it was talked about in the same episode. I don't see any lack of continuity at all.

I guess she should have just said, "Michael hasn't been home," or "Michael never came home," without mentioning the Nurses Ball, so it would have been clearer. But I don't see it as lack of continuity.

• Members

Carly could have said he hasn't been home since I left him at the hotel, or since you (AJ) spoke to him. The dialogue was stupid and made no sense given what transpired. Just a few switches of words would have fixed that but the scriptwriters have been messing up quite a bit in the last several weeks so lets file this one under #GetYourDamnActTogether

• Members

That's very possible, but it's easy to crap on GH because this kind of thing happens way too often. The audience does see the things FRon don't believe are important. Something like that is important. It should have been clear. Instead, it looks like lazy carefree writing which could have been prevented, but that can only happen with another team.

lol.

• Members

As far as Bobbie's goodbye I thought it was dumb that she gave Carly a phonecall and told her to tell Michael goodbye, but completely ignored her ONLY granddaughter! Not once did she mention Joselyn at all. What grandmother wouldn't want to go and give their very young grandchild a final goodbye and kiss before going across the country? They should have just said that Bobbie said goodbye to them in person and that phone call was just about verifying that she's at the airport about to take off

Archived