Does Taylor Swift think Amy Poehler and Tina Fey will burn in hell?

DRW50

• Members

I have no other idea how to interpret this:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/03/taylor-swift-insists-she-is-not-a-clingy-desperate-girlfriend/

Wow.

They were actually relatively low-key compared to many of the comments I've heard about Taylor Swift over the last year. They wouldn't have said it if other people weren't thinking it.

Their response:

http://www.eonline.com/news/394648/taylor-swift-s-quot-special-place-in-hell-quot-comment-tina-fey-surprised-amy-poehler-accepts-her-fate?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taken out of the original context it's horrible. Madeline Albright wasn't talking about celebrities at awards shows. I'm not a Katie Couric fan, but I'm not going to criticize her, as I have no idea what she actually said to Taylor Swift, but that type of comment about people who were joking over a love life Swift has cashed in on to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars is in awful taste. It's a little late to suddenly claim a private life.

• Members

Swift's love life is a mockery and is done purely for publicity. I support anyone who calls her on that sh!t. That whole image of her's is wearing thin and more and more people seem to be catching on to her shtick

What would her career be if she wasn't singing songs allegedly about very famous men she's dated? Note that every relationship is with someone "coincidentally" famous, and she's been though so many famous men over the past 3 years that it's hard to even remember them all.

I know that being a pop star is partly about the image, but she and her marketing team are so transparent and misguided that it's no longer funny or cute. It just looks nasty and desperate that they attempt to pass her off with famous man after famous man. I mean, Harry Styles and Connor Kennedy were barely 18 when she sought them out for publicity for her career...

• Members

Taylor is coming for the wrong ladies. She is way out of her league here. Thing is, she's a "little girl" to them and they won't eviscerate her with their wit. They're too kind, and Taylor is taking herself too seriously.

• Members

And so the backlash begins. As South Park so brilliantly put it in their "Britney's New Look" episode, any successful woman must absolutely be torn to shreds at all costs.

Not even a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but other women tearing her apart for her dating life made her quote justified IMO.

• Members

I do think this is common with some women, but I don't think Tina Fey and Amy Poehler make a habit of this. They've made some pretty harsh quotes against men as well as women, at the awards and throughout their careers. The comments against Cameron and Quentin Tarantino were much harsher, but both men seemed to take them OK (or didn't comment). They joked about her love life, which she's made the central part of her career. If they were trashing her looks or calling her shaming names, then I'd sympathize with her, but they were addressing what she's let be the entire public image of Taylor Swift.

• Members

And that is the problem I've had with her music. I liked "Teardrops On My Guitar" but then she kinda just did that over and over. But the backlash hasn't been over her music, which it should be because it's stale, it's been against her as a person. It's the same thing Madonna went through in the early 90s with the sex thing, and she then spazzed out and did the, "I'm too sexual? I'll show you too sexual" which almost killed her career but I loved it. I hope Taylor will do something similar now that she has encountered the traditional backlash.

• Members

I think part of the problem is she's let this define her as well as her music. She used to be known as a goofy girl that was unpretentious and allowed other young women to see someone who wasn't the typical Disney Channel confection or sexualized robot. She seems to have lost most of this, and I get that it hurts to be called out on an awards show, but she should take it as a wake-up call, not an insult.

• Members

It really was.

LMAO really? So she's a hypocrite because if I recall that song was about Camilla (or whoever else but I believe the general consensus was that Camilla was who she was referring to) and this is one chick that shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house. God forbid no one ever make a joke about you and the merry go round of relationships (be they real or fake) that you have, get used to it. It was a quote that needs to be attributed to something that could probably be deemed as god awful if Woman A did or said it to Woman B. A joke is hardly in that category.

God I would love someone to drag her regarding that lyric.

Archived