ME Gone From GH After February 8th

• Members
like Ann said, what does that matter. PC was a spinoff and extension of GH and after being divorced from each other, the shows have finally gone back to being intertwined. ME's PC history is part of his present day story. It's not simply cheap inside jokes like was the case last year when he joined

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO!

I am happy PP had the sense to hold on to the rights of the characters. The characters, including these three, are really the only equity a soap has, and it's stupid IMO to think John, Todd and Starr have become more important to GH in less than a year than they are to OLTL and it's potential for future success. I really have no problem with the actors remaining on GH in a different capacity. But PP would have been foolish to give up the creative rights to the characters. People are all excited about the PC revival on the show. If they will buy all that and can enjoy all that, they shouldn't have any problem buying whatever explanation RC chooses to come up with to explain why the three actors remain on the show as different characters. Good Luck. I hope you get what you want. I am feeling good about my shot of getting my characters back and free of Ron's "creative" thinking. Win/Win.

• Members

But she didn't come as Livvie. I actually feel like Kelly presents the bigger problem with all this PC revival than Michael does. Sam has years of history on GH. John came to Port Charles as a character with a back story that ostensibly GH viewers felt could be completely ignored because it happened on a cancelled show. Now fans of PC want GH to absorb a show that was cancelled even longer ago, and while the shows may have been entertwined for you, they weren't for everyone. The ongoing explanations and support that has to be provided for the story to resonate with anyone who never watched PC make me believe it's not really working for many non PC viewers or viewers who don't want to go and youtube Caleb and Livvie's entire history.

But different strokes for different folks. I'm not criticising anyone for liking it.

• Members

See here's where it becomes problematic. ME is the one who has the history with PC. john is an OLTL character and he's the one who is now having some PC history retrofitted to his character. I hope you get your wish and you get to revisit Calivia 2.0 and John goes to OLTL.

• Members

It will be easy to unfortunately keep ME. And I think them last filming on the 8th will be temporary. It give PeePee time to come to their senses (no one wants a non Roger/Trevor Todd). It's also doable to make Roger another character because it could be played that Todd was made to believe he is Todd. Make him Tim (I still have my Tarly, and in all honesty, that's all I care about) and Irene brainwashed some random guy and made him over to look like Todd. Who cares? I think many fans would be on board with this because it gives PeePee the finger. If the actors don't want to go online, let them go. If it's a monetary thing, settle for a reasonable amount so that the business relationship with ABC will end on a positive note.

As for KA? Bye! I don't care about ME, but I don't hate him or McPain as much as I do KA/Starr. Not a lot of characters I hate as much as I do Starr!

• Members

Yes.

What all of this is saying is that McBain himself is a loser character. They spent almost a year trying to make viewers like him. Didn't happen, apparently. So now it's about another character, another show, and even then, I've seen far more reaction to Lucy and Kevin.

I actually liked McBain until he dumped Natalie and Liam after the paternity reveal, and the show destroyed Marty, rewrote history to make it look like Natalie had cheated on him, etc. But even if I did like him, I couldn't say he's ever fit on to GH. He and KM just seem to stick out like sore thumbs in this story.

• Members

I honestly have no real affection for the character anymore myself. But I really don't want anything of OLTL to remain in Cartini's hands. And I just don't see how you can leave those three hybrids in Port Charles and not have there be any crossover story. Even the casual nods and winks that Cartini are so fond of. I don't want Ron to be able to write dialogue that has any reflection on what is happening in Llanview.

• Members

I don't think it's that big of a problem. Kelly has played multiple roles before. She played Livvie/Tess on Port Charles for the better part of two years. Considering how islanded Sam has been the past couple of years (seldom seen outside of her scenes with Jason) I don't think Sam's connections and roots to Port Charles are that big of an obstacle. She's far from being the most well connected character on the canvas. For what it's worth I actually think her and John fit in an outsiders/outcasts sort of way. I think it makes sense that they would be friends even though John is oddly placed on the show right now and Sam has no role in GH since she has gotten her baby back.

Archived