DAYS: February 2013 Discussion

• Members

When Daniel and Jennifer are on it's like another show. It really is. Everything else is just much more entertaining and interesting. Thank GOD for Chloe. I'd rather she pull one over on them instead of them being "smart" and figuring her out (though I like how they are aware, somewhat, of her blatant manipulations), though she is fairly transparent, as subtle as she tries to be, she sure isn't. I guess at least the characters these days have half a brain.

Stefano and John's scenes were nice. It was a long time coming and Drake actually showed up for work! Joe does look frail but it was fantastic to see Stefano for a whole episode not just on the phone. I love his set. The DiMera mansion used to excite me like that until it became that horrid atrocity. I'm kinda glad we never see it.

Bo should have died. It could have been really good, like John's death but like John's death, Bo's would have ultimately been undone so IDK if I would want to sit through that. But frankly it's their only option.

EJ/Sami were awful. I guess their hardcore fans will be thrilled but I just never bought Sami as some sexy seductress. I saw no heat in those scenes and the music was god-awful. I do appreciate the effort put into those scenes though but I found absolutely nothing sexy or hot about it.

I was actually growing OK with Hope cheating because if played a certain way, the story could be really good. It would actually give Kristian some actual material to play into with the fallout. It could be just a one time thing, maybe out of intense anger, or at a low point and she realizes what she did. It would be so different. It would probably be out of character though and I don't know that I actually want to see Hope cheat on Bo. Yeah, I just can't see Hope cheat on Bo though.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday was alright but it could have been even better.

I was pleasantly surprised to see John visiting Stefano. I think Drake Hogestyn did pretty well in the scene.

I thought Daniel had Chloe figured out but then Parker ruined it, LOL. I actually like Daniel and Jennifer together. It's when Chloe is on with her juvenile schemes that it seems like a different show to me. I am starting to lose patience with Chloe, much as Jennifer is.

Good to have some more of that deliciously awkward Will/Nick interaction. Nice scenes between Will and Caroline, as well as Will and Johnny. Will/Marlena were good too, but I wish Will had asked Marlena how she is doing; usually he is pretty good at not just talking about himself. Good to see Marlena checking in on Nick's adjustment to life out of prison, checking in on him to see if he needs any (psychiatric) help. Subtle but not too subtle!

I don't have a problem with Nick's "gay boy" comments being shown. We as viewers aren't supposed to agree with them, and they show part of his motivation for why he thinks it's best not to have Will in the baby's life.

EJ/Sami had believable after-sex talk. Steamy sex scene hopefully helped draw in the ratings too. I noticed they were trying to cram practically every story in today in some way to hook viewers for the week. The episode still flowed fine and there was still sufficient depth to most of the scenes though.

I liked Jennifer and Kristen, awkward as it was. I'm glad I saw on this board about how good friends they used to be back in the day so I could appreciate it

I was sad that Kristen revealed she is planning to trick Brady into proposing marriage and then leave him as karma. i thought she had really fallen for him. I do think there are still some real feelings. If there is ever a wedding, I don't think we will know for sure until the last minute if she leaves him. I was laughing though that Brady thought it was a joke when she mentioned marriage. It's not going to be as easy as she thinks!

BTW I was just looking at the writers list again. Seriously even more than I thought are Procter and Gamble trained. The PGP legacy lives on through Days right now, and the Days writers are doing that legacy proud. Not just most of the scriptwriters, not just Chris Whitesell and Gary Tomlin ... Fran Myers started on AW, and Chris Dunn wrote for GL for 10 years. Even Ryan Quan was discovered by P&G, he won their soap writing contest for college students. With P&G out of the soap world, the training ground for good character-based writers who understand family, community, warmth, humor, and romance has really shrunk.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Bo. I don't think soaps should kill off characters they expect to bring back eventually -- it cheapens the story and the believability of the show. I do think they've been building up to Rafe and Hope. Maybe Hope will find out Bo and Billie are back together as suggested earlier in this thread or in the January thread.

• Members

Parker calling Daniel daddy was one of the lowest points in Monday's show. It was so dumb and contrived by the writers. When Parker said it, I just immediately just pretended that Parker was calling for his REAL daddy Phillip. I am not the biggest fan of Daniel either but I don't hate him. Perhaps its because I think Shawn Christian is hawt. Who knows? lol But why are the writers turning Chloe into a dumb version of a 1996-97 Sami? Chloe's schemes are so "Sami using Will to come between Austin and Carrie"-esque and they "look so familiar to me" (as Sami would say). Perhaps this Chloe storyline will get interesting when a certain person comes to town (I forgot how to hide spoilers)

BTW, When did Stefano get so chummy with John? The scene was almost ridiculous to me, even if they were both pretending to be cordial. In my DAYS world, John and Stefano should not even PRETEND to get along. After all the things I have watched Stefano do to John for the past nearly 30 years, I don't even know how John can be in the same room with that man without wanting to kill him.

As for Sami and EJ, I agree, they are just too disgusting for words. I just can't get over all the things that they have done to each other over the years and how all of the rapes and shootings in the head and the kidnapping and faking of deaths of babies and the death of a real child and the physical and verbal abuse and the lies and the manipulation between the two of them now culminates into a nice loving relationship with romantic love-making as the cherry on top. Give me a break. Sami and EJ's relationship works best for me (and is more interesting to me) when they are hating on each other and making each other's lives a living hell. I never really liked Sami with Rafe, or EJ. I much prefer her with Lucas, Austin (the Peck version) or even Brandon. Heck, a newly resurrected Franco would be better to me than Ejami or Safe. Yuck.

And I agree, Bo should have died or at least been presumed dead.

• Members

Glad Brady at least called Sami out today when she was quick to point out that Kristen tried to kill her mom. Umm Sami you tried to KILL EJ and so did your son!!! EJ tried to kill your Uncle Steve and if I remember correctly Brady's dad (John). So she needs to shut up and get over herself.

• Members

If Days thought it got deluged with complaints before, wait until they tried Rafe with Hope. I would NOT want to be in that studio the day the scenes aired for the first time. Not to mention I'd be one of the first ones complaining. I grew up with Bo and Hope. Just rip another couple apart, why not?

EJ/Sami just grosses me out. Yes, I have an issue with the rape and how badly it was handled. I know they're fictional characters, but it just gives me the creeps.

• Members

Gayboy irks me too but it is realistic and there are much worse names out there that people use. So Nick googled [or whatever that lame search engine was] surveillance devices and clearly wants to get Will on tape confessing or admitting he shot EJ years earlier. Would that really be admissible in court? If EJ denies it was Will, what would that do? How can you have a so-called confession with the victim denying the person was the shooter. What if EJ refuses to go along with it, can they really proceed? Who is it behind the scenes that is so enamored of Daniel that they constantly feel the need to prop him? I just shook my head during the Daddy scenes. I don't see the appeal of Ejami, chemistry is in the eye...... aside, she really despised him a short while ago. I've always felt it was a mistake making Sami a leading lady. I can think of worthier candidates for leading lady status.

• Members
I think HAFE or ROPE's pairing would be the worst pairing in the history of this show! If you think Daniffer is bad...smh. If they are actually going to go full speed with their quest to break up every longstanding supercouple of the show, they might as well pair her with Justin. It would give Adrianne, Justin, and Hope something to do and JOPE/HUSTIN/HOPESTIN/JUSTOPE (lol) would be a better storyline in my opinion as long as they make it organic and believable. She's a cop, he's a lawyer. I'm sure the writers can come up with a logical reason for them to spend more time together. They tried it before.

I can understand why Stefano would have respect for John, but I don't get why John would ever have respect for Stefano.

• Members

Is every couple that was on the 80's (90's) and left the show together after 2 years of marriage a SUPERCOUPLE???? IJS

Roman/Marlena

John/Marlena

Bo/Hope

Steve/Kayla

Justin/Adrienne

Jack/Jennifer

Tony/Anna

Shane/Kim

I don't consider all of them supercouples. But Hope is still vibrant and she needs to be getting some cawk, Peter Reckell decided to leave, so Hope has to move on. Or maybe they shoulda just fired her too and let her go away with him.

Archived