Star Trek: Phase 2

alphanguy74

• Members

I didn't quite know where to put this, being a web thing and all, but it's a continuation of a prime time series, so here goes. For something that is FAN MADE, this is impressive beyond imagination. The acting isn't perfect, but the production and music, etc.. and even special effects are quite good. And for once, we have FAGS on the enterprise! YIPPEE! I'm checking out other installments of this, and each one seems very well executed considering where it's coming from.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember hearing about this a few years ago back when this project was just getting started and still called "New Voyages". Yeah, the acting isn't that great, which is to be expected, but you're right, those production values are pretty damn impressive for a fan made project. For some reason, the actor playing Spock irritates me the most. There's more to playing Spock than just reading your lines as monotone as possible.

The actor playing Kirk's gay nephew is quite cute. wub.png About time Star Trek gets a gay character, even if it takes a fan made non-canon project to do it. Sad reading a lot of the hateful youtube comments, I would have figured Star Trek fans would be more open minded given the amount of Kirk/Spock slash that exists.

• Members

They seem to hav e trouble keeping guys to play Spock. This guy was actually the best one. Having Denise Crosby in it sure kicked it up a notch. It apparently was written as a Next Generation episode 25 years ago, but was rejected and never shot. The Blood worms were supposed to be a metaphor for AIDS.

Archived