questions for ERIKA SLEZAK [Viki, OLTL]?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What was her opinion on the dramatic change soaps took in the 80s with the crazy stories, how she felt about the Paul Rauch years and did she ever say to herself "I am above this"?

What does someone like Andrea Evans bring to the table that a Judith Light or Erika Slezak does not and the same for the reverse?

What are your first thoughts when you hear the words "Ivan Kipling"?

• Members

Here's my question: Viki was a woman who, at the end of the day, seemed to have lived through it all (and in many cases, more than once). How did you maintain an emotional and psychological through-line for her throughout all those trials and tribulations; and was there anything not done with the character that you would have liked to explore?

• Members

Were there any stories she felt they could have explored more, which ones went on far to long?

Did she feel they did the finale right? Were there any of the older characters from the earlier years she felt should have returned?

I'm trying to think of one from the 1970s period, but can't think of anything.

• Members

All My Dorians: Like many OLTL fans, my favorite relationship on the show will always be that of the equally fascinating Viki and Dorian. On Twitter, Robin Strasser shared a lovely tribute to Claire Malis who recently passed away (and we lost Nancy Pinkerton not too long ago), which had me thinking about the four actresses who played Dorian opposite to your Viki (Elaine Princi between Robin's stints, included). Would you share with us some of your thoughts and memories about working with these four ladies? Of course, Viki and Dorian's relationship was ultimately dictated by the script, but as Viki, did you find that your attitude and approach to Dorian adjusted given what your different scene partners brought to the role?

• Members

Did you agree with the decision to have Clint and Viki reunite at the end of the show, considering Clint's behavior?

Was there anyone you wish Viki had been paired up with but it never happened?

Were there any stories you were supposed to have, but which were dropped?

is there any scene or storyline you have fond memories of which you don't think received recognition?

Do you think the characterization for Niki suffered once the other alters came along?

Were there ever any plans to consider bringing back the alter Tori (who was my favorite alter)? Most of Niki's behavior in the story where she planned to kill Ben and frame Natalie reminded me more of Tori than of Niki.

Did any other soaps give you any job offers while you were on OLTL?

How did you feel about the way the show ended the Viki/Charlie relationship?

Do you think the deaths of Meredith, Megan, or Tony were mistakes?

How long did you do the Sunsweet ads? How did that come about? Do you have any interesting stories about that time?

Was OLTL ever planning to do a Dorian/Mel/Viki love triangle?

• Members

As a fan of Viki I was often annoyed in the show's last years by how passive Viki seemed to be regarding the behavior of her children and Todd. Did you ever feel this way or do you think Viki was strong?

Were there any times you had to correct some type of history error or something you felt was not true to the character?

In the past I think you said your least favorite story was the 1996 plot where Carlo made a psychiatrist hypnotize you into being angry and shooting at Kevin. Did you say that, and is that still your least favorite story?

Archived