Your favorite soap Christmas traditions, memories

• Members

For a long time soaps had their certain tropes on the holidays (Christmas stars, toasts, Santa/kindly priest/random stranger who would help guide a beloved couple together).

What are some of your favorite soap Christmas cliches, and some of your favorite soap Christmas memories?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorite One Life Christmas memories are from the 1990's when they had the whole town gather at St. James church to hear the christmas story by Andrew. Many years they had the pagent too, Jessica was in it once or twice. they started it i think in 1992 and continued until 1999. in 1999 Viki mentioned church but it wasn't shown and then the next year they did the christmas tree lighting for the christmas episode and then they never picked up the church thing again. It was always so fun to see everyone together. Who can forget the year in 1995 after Viki had her DID, she met Dorian in the hallway and they walked in together. Heads rolled! LOL

Oh Gh i loved the hospital Christmas party which had gone on for decades! Steve Hardy started it i think in the late 1970's and then he did his last one in 1994, Steve's son (Jack from Days Of our lives) did it in 1995 and then Alan Quartermaine started in 1996 and did it for another 10 years. When they killed him off, they just didn't do a hospital christmas party again. They used to have Santa first played by some old guy who was in love with Jessie Brewer and then Tony Jones did it for years. They'd have the younger generation play Santa's elves.

Archived