DAYS:November Promo!

• Members

I have never really been a jen/jack fan either (nothing against them, but I wasn't watching days as much when they were first established as a couple) but there is no denying the way Ashford and Missy Reeves worked that scene, drawing on their past history and making me believe in their pairing for the first time in over a decade. It's not rocket science, just "I love you" and two very professional, invested actors!

In fact, I think I SQUEEed at just about every kiss in that promo -- Maggie/Victor, Jen/Jack, Bradison and yes, even Ejami. I am of the same mind as you, Ejami was DONE in my eyes a while ago. But somebody at Days was smart enough to revisit one of the best scenes of the past two years -- EJ and Sami's physical confrontation after baby Grace's death -- this time finishing it different. I'm not sure I like Ejami or want it, but nobody in soaps does that "love to hate you" dynamic better than James Scott and Alison Sweeney (though many have tried -- the Sonny/Carly horrendousness on GH comes to mind).

Discounting Ejami, which is this twisted mix of anger, hatred, lust and a battle of wills, I love that romance was front-and-center. I only wish a character that I really like (Nicole) was getting a great pairing. I love AZ but I don't think she is strong on sappy romance. Maybe because Nicole is too brittle, too seen-it-all-before. I don't buy the Brady-Nicole chemistry and Ejole is dead and buried for me. I wish there was a male on canvas that Nicole could click with (NOT Dr. McHairychest). Maybe Nicole works best in powerful business-y SLs and rivalries.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived