SOD Best and Worst of 1993

• Members

I think the stripping story was early in her run, as she created Sonny.

The Loving story got a lot of criticism for making Faison silly, etc. I remember how we were supposed to be thrilled when he went back to GH in 1999, because now he would be great again. Instead he was still a big joke, and the only memorable thing about him, aside from putting Felicia in fuzzy handcuffs, was the actor trashing the show in print.

The stripping story was basically that Karen remembered that she had been sexually abused as a young girl, and she went to work at a strip club, due to shame and self-loathing.

Actually I think that story started before the Labines arrived, and Sonny did too, as Labine said that she tried to finish the story soon after she arrived. When she was first there, Sonny had hooked Karen on pills. Labine didn't like that so she had Karen throw the pills in his face.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Faison was a part of the slumping years of GH (late '80s, early '90s). He was a dark and mysterious man who was obsessed with Anna Devane. He was ultimately responsible for her "death", along with Robert Scorpio's, in 1992.

He wasn't always all that serious though, all the time. I guess the balance made him popular.

• Members

I apologize for being a tad late on commenting about this, Thanks for posting this 1993 Best and Worse Carl. The old ones are always fun to read and more accurate than recent ones. I wish i had more SODS with B&W's besides the 1989 one that i posted a while again, but anyways.....

The Y&R ones are really on the money

Jack's heartbreak for best tearjerker . Peter Bergman's best work ever IMO. If you haven't scene the episodes from May 1993 where he breaks down with Nikki over the lost of their child you should really check them out, it will have you bawling. Here is a bit from the May 13 1993 episode i uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-31_zo7uBPI

LOL at Lauren for worst wife.

Why is Sheila visiting Scott in the hospital considered a shocking twist? Was it because people at the time were expecting Scott to find out that Sheila was alive from Lauren? That's probably it isn't it.

I agree 100% about Hope being the best new female character and Victor's "Death" being the best story for Y&R.

These are the reasons why 1993 was one of Y&R's best years IMO.

• Members

They were shocked because they felt like the show had moved on from the Sheila/Lauren conflict entirely and they weren't expecting her to be back.

The scenes with Jack were very moving. At that time he was a stronger man so it meant more when he fell apart. Now he just weeps all the time so who cares.

I have some other Best/Worst issues from these years. I'll post some when I find them again (if they haven't already been posted).

Archived