Characters passing the torch

• Members

I was watching an old 1980 GL episode again a few days ago and there was a scene with Holly, planning a wedding that would never happen with Dr. Peter Chapman, laughing and talking with Kelly Nelson (AKA Douglas Cummings, the Flash, Eddie Ford, et al). It was a strange experience, since she would soon be gone and she really didn't fit into the GL that Kelly would represent over the next few years, the era of Nola, Quint, etc.

Another moment that always stays with me when I think of this is when they had Ryan arrive on AMC, pretending to be injured in a bus crash, and former con artist Gloria Marsh, in one of her last episodes, quickly busted him.

Are there any of those type of passing the torch moments on soaps that you remember?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First thing that came to my mind was the Carly and Julie on ATWT.

Also with ATWT I found it weird to learn Karen Haines and Shannon were best friends, and Shannon came to Oakdale after hearing Karen's stories. Both represented two completely different eras of the show.

• Members

I've never seen that, Mitch.

I totally forgot about Carly/Julie. Yes that was definitely one of them. Carly ran rings around Julie, but then, that wasn't difficult. Julie was one of my favorite characters and then Carly became one of my favorites in 1995-1996.

Archived