Borders Goes Out of Business

Max

• Members

I agree about new books, why pay more, when you can get them on half.com or amazon cheaper, and even new copies cheaper? We have a "paperback exchange" store in my town and I love it. You can bring books in to exchange and you get a store credit for them to use towards books

Same here! Nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In some ways, it's the internet's fault... but it's a chicken and egg thing. Because I had ALWAYS went to stores to get stuff, and slowly I couldn't find a damn thing anymore. I tried to find something as simple as a Dottie West greatest hits compilation CD at a brick and Mortar store in Kansas City (major metro area) not ONE to be had... I had to buy it online, and there have been so many examples of stuff like that, that I just give up and go directly online. Online is the only place you can find what you WANT.

• Members

I know... I bought Maureen McCormick's book (the last book I bought) and thank GOD I got it used for like 4 bucks, because it SUCKED. She didn't really dish on anything or anyone, no good gossip really... all she did was talk about how many drugs she took. Big effing deal. The only real bomb she dropped was her revealing that Eve Plumb liked to prance around the dressing room in the nude and fart all the time. :wacko:

Archived