B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's probably the most vocal Hunter was about flat out hating a story. I mean, it goes nowhere and is abruptly dropped because she tells them she's leaving for Melrose in late 95'. They totally drop that story and promptly bring in Lauren to be a foil for Bridge (which IMO made them look terrible - Ridge making out with Taylor would be one thing as they were married and had history, but him being as tempted as he was by Lauren while he was with Brooke was a mess). But even all of that became a total waste of TEB's talent

• Members

I’ve been skipping through late ’93 to early ’95, only for the Sheila story. But the Anthony Armando story is slowly catching my attention. I am a HUGE fan of Knots Landing and Michael Sabatino’s stint as Chip Roberts. I know what a compelling psycho he can play.

Throughout ’94, Anthony seemed rather innocuous, but now that we’ve entered ’95 and Macy has rejected Anthony to be engaged to Thorne, I see Anthony scheming and putting his plans into place… how do events lead to Anthony murdering his new love interest Ivana?? Color me intrigued.

= = =

As mentioned, I’ve been scrolling to get an understanding of Sheila’s story during this time period. I am shocked and disappointed to realize that nothing of any significance happens during this long stretch of time of late ’93 (post-Catalina) to early ’95!

Of course Sheila’s story was interrupted by KB’s maternity leave in Jan '94. But she returned April ’94 and nothing important happens for almost a year!

The only events of note are a couple weeks in June ’94 when Jay Garvin dies, and then Sheila sleeping with Connor to get pregnant with “Eric’s baby” which winds up being a big zero, and a couple intriguing eps in Dec ’94 with James grilling Sheila in Big Bear before he is called away to Taylor in Morocco. .

Nothing happens after that for another two entire months! That’s a long time. I’m finally at 1982 2/22/95 and Sheila’s story is heating up.

Perhaps the writers felt that the Sheila/Lauren story needed a “rest” for 1994? I can’t help but think that’s an entire year of much wasted potential.

= = =

Adding my thanks to the Angel for the continuous uploads! It’s a dream come true for the complete BnB ‘90s archive!

• Members

I find the Anthony Armando storyline of 1995 absolutely fascinating! It's one of my all-time favorites, for many reasons. It is just brilliantly structured (it is Anthony's introduction storyline played backwards, combined with clever variations on many major plot points from Thorne and Macy's previous storylines), it has hints of Faust, Shakespeare's Othello, and folk tales like Little Red Riding Hood, and Michael Sabatino is great as a psychotic villain.