B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

B&B is in a lull from when Bill Bell passes the reigns to Bradley in 1993 until Fall 1994. All of Bradley's storylines culminate from Fall 1994 through the first half of 1995, then the tanking starts in the second half of 1995.

This was the same time frame that Y&R/B&B time slot rival Reilly's Days took off then blew up in the aftermath of OJ and I think that really shook up Y&R/B&B.

Edited by kalbir

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly! The first half of 1995 has a lot going on, and then suddenly after the summer, ALL the major storylines (Taylor's return from the dead, Sheila's goodbye party, Ivana's murder) have culminated and vanished, and we're stuck with the D and E storylines (Jessica/Dylan/Maggie, preteen Rick throwing tantrums, chemistry testing Taylor with Eric) and nothing much else.

• Members

I like Taylor's Arabian Night a lot more than I expected to in rewatch. Sure it is cheesy at times and the orphan stuff is laying it thick but it is not nearly as problematic as I imagined it to be in 2023. I loved it back then and still like the plot. Actually, the buildup in some parts of the story should been bigger. Taylor was revealed to be alive rather quickly  and she sure got used to her new life fast. And the Morroccans surely are welcoming to this stranger. The royal court is portrayed mure nicer than it is in reality (if you have checked your gossip news in recent years and earthquake news reports in 2023). LOL

As for 1994 in general: there is quite some stuff going on but focus and climax moments are missing. Backburning Sheila did not work at all. The Jay Garvin stuff happned literally in 5 seconds. Ivana made a decent villain with moral core, yet they hardly played her as such. Dylan & Jessica were super bland but did not eat the show that much. However, that court story was suuuuuuuuper bad. IMO; the show reeks network interference: there are just too many sprinkles of Melrose Place, Models Inc and BH90210 in this year all of a sudden. CBS obvisouly demanded a de-agigng of the cast and stories, IMO.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

That's why Fall 1995 Bradley brought back Sheila then Lauren crossed over from Y&R. Funny thing is, Lauren and Sheila weren't really in each other's orbits for much of the time that Lauren was on B&B.

Kimberlin Brown was on pregnancy leave in the early months of 1994.

We saw this on Y&R too with Summer 1994 frat party and Fall 1994-Spring 1996 Nick and Sharon eating the show. I'd say it was more trying to get the younger audience away from Reilly's Days than influence from the Spelling Fox shows.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Thanks to the Angel/s once again for today's addition of 30 x 1996 episodes! So very grateful.

I can see that episode 2277 is a very small file size compared to the rest and is audio only. Could that please be fixed when you are able? Thank you again. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yes thank you for the 1996 episodes!!! Can`t wait for the Sheila vs Maggie poker incident! Interesting that opening is refreshed in spring 1996, models and Stephanie photoshopped to more brighten colours…. sorry my English grammar it what it is… Macy has no legs anymore

But then in few episodes they still use the ole opening… and then again the refreshed one

• Members

When Sheila was reciting her prison hospital experience (in a conversation to Brooke) - she used words to the effect of "the unthinkable" when referring to the bashing. Not sure how two women could rape another woman though?

Episodes 2333/4 for that!

• Members

Thanks to the Angels for the 1995/1996 episodes!

May I ask someone to post the last 3 weeks of episodes please? All I have is the poor 240p version of Dailymotion. Unfortunately the tool I was using to download CBS videos doesn't work anymore (I had mentionned it in a previous post here). I was the one posting eps from October 2020 to June 2021, then some other people took over (thank you) and I posted some eps again in 2022. Since late 2022 I was using the rls.net link (thank you @Marquise ), but it seems like that person is done!? At least nothing posted since September 16 and S36E247 (episode #9106 if my numbers are correct). So I have #9097-#9106 but #9107-#9122 are missing. (PS : the Tenplay australian version is perfect if no one has the CBS one). Sorry for the disruption.

EDIT: Thank you to the contributor who uploaded September.

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

Guys I am looking for July 2000 episodes 

episode  3341 

episode 3342

episode 3347

If the German angels could add them I would be very grateful.

P:S I found a lot of problems (audio is not perfecly synced which played fine on phone but on laptop and tv it sounds off)  with the files I made from 2001 to 2002 and I am re doing them in adobe premier this time. Look forword to my edits soon.

• Members

Just watched the Dec ‘94 Rotterdam concert eps for the first time. I didn’t realize Bobbie Eakes and Jeff Trachta were such a phenomenon in Europe back then.

Anyone on this board from Europe remember this timeframe? I’m wondering what the root of their appeal was, so much so that fans would fill a giant Rotterdam concert stadium on multiple nights!

• Members

B&B has always attracted more audiences overseas,  it seems like,  then it does in the U.S. This goes back to the beginning where I think it was Italy or Greece, that called the show "Caroline" because Joanna Johnson was so popular over in one of those Countries.