B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Where are the recent episodes being sourced from? Not a complaint (I promise), but episodes appear to be SD 576p quality (I only had a quick look in the October 2022 folder).

Would it be worthwhile sourcing the international distribution edit instead? For those that may not know, episodes distributed to international markets are 2.5 minutes longer - they contain a bonus scene not broadcast in the US/Canada (the scene is known as ‘Prologue C’, Brad Bell explains here).

10play (AU) and Videoland (NL) both carry the longer edit. 10play is same pace as the US, however the 10play video interface is a dismal SD 576p resolution. Videoland on the other hand is HD, albeit 3 weeks behind the US broadcast. I believe the CBS website is full HD 1080p, however episodes are the shorter 19 minute edit.

Edited by boldau

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh my God this is a dream come true. I would be so grateful if you added them. I don't know how I say thank you. Could you also add the missing episodes in german from the other months... I think it's mostly April and a bit from February. Thank you thank you thaaank you.

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

Yes, that is truly wonderful news! I am so looking forward to the first half of 1995 because that's the one part of classic B&B that has always been so hard to find online, and it was one of my favorite periods of the show way back when it first aired.

And with a bit of luck, we'll soon get there with the Videoland episodes too!

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

Speaking of 1995 I literally just found this on archive lol. Most of the Y&R we have, but can someone please help me confirm the B&B dates?

https://archive.org/details/d-7-yngrst-4

2) CBS the young and the restless 10/25/95 
3) CBS the young and the restless (actually B&B 10/25/95)
4) CBS bold and beautiful - possibly 10/20/95?
5) CBS the young and the restless 10/12/95 - we have
6) CBS the young and the restless (actually B&B - possibly 10/12/95?)
7)CBS the young and the restless (10/13/95 - we have)
8 ) CBS bold and beautiful (10/13/95)

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Is there any way just to tell if you plan to upload them soon or maybe later. No rush. I just wanted to tell my partner when to expect since that's our hobby to watch together. Thank you again million times. You are one of the most amazing people here...  

• Members

The first B&B episode is #1724 which is already in the Vault. The other is there, too. BoldRestless provided the airdates for the Y&R episodes it seems. 

EDIT: just watched the climax of one of the Y&R episodes: Cole walking out on his "father" Victor. Powerful stuff - Y&R used to be soooo good.

Edited by sheilaforever