OLTL: Actor leaving early

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So the decision to completely ruin anything likeable about Rama is now even more pointless.

He'll probably get a phone call from Layla, have two lines where he tells Blair he's moving to Paris, and that's it.

I've always liked Cris. I guess at least a non-exit it's better than the crap stories for most of the other men on the show.

• Members

I liked his story with Layla, Kyle, and Fish quite a bit. I would go as far to say this was the only thing I could stomach on the show in 2009, along with Clint/Kim, and the earlier parts of Matthew's paralysis story. Of course the reward for that was mass firings and ugly press, then goodbye Layla/Cris.

• Members

He became non important once the character of Evangeline left, and def once Antonio left. Before RC, DF was in the top 10 in eppy counts, and afterwards he slipped down to the lowest eppy counts side by side with day players.

• Members

Definitely not surprising. I'm guessing he leaves with Antonio? Please god, don't let him leave with town with Rama. But oh crap, this means Ford and Jess are probably endgame.

Side note, while Cristian is not particularly useful right now, he's another vet that is getting cut leaving more airtime to the people that REALLY don't matter. The Vegas, Kelly and Joey, etc. USED to matter to this show. Why haven't we heard "Cutter out," "the Fords decimated," etc.? The end of this show is looking more bleak by the day.

• Members

Agreed. I am getting tired of hearing about characters who have history with the show leaving before the end: Dorian, Kelly, Joey and (rumored) Rex, Shane and Gigi. ALL of them should be there at the end. Meanwhile, the Fords, Deanna, Cutter, Aubrey, etc remain??? Come on! And why have no returns been announced yet? AMC has everyone but the kitchen sink coming back.

• Members

LMAO! I have NO DOUBT that Cutter will be the first of the newbies to go but I'm scared the Fords, Deanna/Baz/whomever, and the Fords might be around till the bitter end, in which case I will never forgive the writers for desecrating the ending. Actually, if they keep Jess with Ford, they'll have done just that anyway.

• Members

The casting announcement I'm waiting for is: DAVID GREGORY OUT. ROBERT FORD TO BE BRUTALLY MURDERED ON SCREEN.

LOL but I can't imagine that Aubrey will be around much longer. I mean with Kelly and Joey leaving what's the point of her? Cutter has no point either, his story with Aubrey is pretty much done and now he has whatever going on with Rama (and I guess Clint), but WTF is the point of Rama now with Cris leaving? I don't see any of them sticking around. But it is OLTL so you never know. I mean we have two new characters coming next week. :rolleyes:

• Members

Since they like the juxtaposition of Rama and Cutter, I hope they see Rama as a villain who be outed for her nastiness to Vimal through her actions with Cristian (though I think the furthest it'll go is kissing). As with Rex and Stacy, Rama won't end up with Cristian but the beats will lead Rama to "redemption." At least, I'm HOPING that's what they're doing. Cris will leave town ashamed at what he's done. I don't want Cris to end up with Rama, I will cry. I want Vimal and Rama to work it out and then GTFO.

• Members

You guys are acting like OLTL is going off at the same time AMC is. They have 4 extra months, geez we all know RC loves history so people will come back.

This news really isn't that big of a deal though. Cris will leave alone, and they will keep Rama and Vimal together IMO.

• Members

Most of the returns they've bothered to have during RC's tenure have been awful, and the show seems more and more focused on a limited section of characters (Fords, Tess, John, Todd and his harem). I won't be surprised if there are zero returns. I think RH was supposed to be their big get.

Archived