Single Ladies

Money

• Members

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:vh1.com:770422/cp~channelId%3D3%26id%3D1685376%26vid%3D770422%26instance%3Dvh1%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Avh1.com%3A770422" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.vh1.com/shows/single_ladies/season_2/series.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Single Ladies (Season 2)</a>, <a href=" http://www.vh1.com/shows/single_ladies/season_2/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=15439" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Single Ladies Season 2 </a></p></div></div>

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok for Denise Vasi, Victoria Rowell and the superior season two cast of soap stars, I've decided to give this show another chance. I downloaded the entire first season so I'll be up to speed. My only problem with this show (other than the bland actress playing April) is how terrible LisaRaye is. Just a wretched actress and a cold presence.

• Members

LMAO!! I'm 10 minutes in on the premiere and I have to comment. So far, I think Denise is awful. Her reaction to her boyfriend (Played by the guy who used to be Tek on DAYS!) cheating on her was SO BAD! The way she slid down the door laugh.png And the way she outed him to everyone at the party and called off the engagement, the way she played that was so...off to me. She didn't have much attitude or emotion at all.

The beginning of the show was so badly executed IMO!! I think the show tricked the viewers, did anyone else think Denise was a recast Val at first? LOL.

• Members

Just finished watching. I thought it was boring for the most part, but some of the stories have promise. I like Keisha's ex-boyfriend Lawyer, played by Terrell Tilford. Malcolm/Keisha/Shawn could be good.

Omg, they put Travis Winfrey (Omar) in the opening. I think he's on contract now; That's awesome!

It's too bad Rhassan Orange was brought to the show in such a small, throwaway role. I really liked him on DAYS.

I've been in editing school since the last season ended so I really have to ask this...did anyone catch the bazillion continuity errors in this episode? I'm asking because it seriously bothered me & I'm wondering if anyone noticed some or if it's just me and my "editors curse" LOL.

Omg man she would shine on this show! It really is too bad!

• Members

Keesha and Raquel grew up together and were like sisters? WTF, are they for real? Lisa Raye is AT LEAST 15 years older than Vasi and looks it. She is old enough to be her mother

April's hair in the opening scene was a mess

Lisa Rye was dreadful as ever

Like Omar being added to the opening

It was weak as hell that only 2 weeks passed since the premiere. In those 2 weeks, Val threw away EVERYTHING she had in Atlanta and moved away? Months should have passed with us finding out she moved away and not it have been as sudden as this was

What erorrs were you noticing?

• Members

I turned into you tonight & made gifs. LOL!

Here are just a few main things I noticed:

1lp1.gif

WHERE did Tek go?!

1lp2.gif

Ummm...

1lp3.gif

I had to put this one in slo-mo. Absolutely awful!

1lp7.gif

This one isn't that bad but I was still annoyed. Dude wasn't fully out the door!

1lp8.gif

My blood literally boiled on this one. REALLY????

1lpa.gif

Pay close attention to Denise in this one

1lpc.gif

This whole sequence was a damn mess. Just look! Exactly how many times did Raquel fill her cup in this scene??

1lpe.gif

Just...no. How did he get that far away from Raquel so fast and also, look at his head! NO

1lpf.gif

e5028380.gif

• Members

This just further solidifies my curse! sad.png LOL. It's fascinating to me how people really do not notice, editors can get away with so much..

ScreenShot2012-05-31at62930AM.png

ScreenShot2012-05-31at63014AM.png

The first pic followed by the next is the actual cut in that scene. How does that work? It's a total jump cut that I now realize I would only notice laugh.png I found it jarring but when people watch on TV (and in GIF's LOL!) it seems "seamless."

I personally would've stayed on LisaRaye for a little while longer until Denise's back was turned to the camera!

[/uselessediting101withallmydays]

• Members

I watched it. And I didn't totally hate it.

I miss Stacey Dash, of course...Val's "here today, gone tomorrow" exit was crap, but it just affirmed the bad blood that had to be flowing behind the scenes.

Denise Vasi isn't a good actress...but she doesn't stick out in terms of awful compared to the rest of the cast, aside from Travis Winfrey who is terrific as Omar, so pleased to see his name in the opening credits!

• Members

Me too because all childhood friends have at least a 10 year age gap. I get more of a kick out of reading people complain about this show as if they expected some stellar writing and acting. LisaRaye is hilarious at trying to play a woman with class. As soon as she opens her mouth and tries to sound intelligent, it's pretty much over. Professor Higgins would have a hard time trying to make her, Jennifer Lopez, and Beyonce sound as if they have class. I am still not over that scene she had with the guy that played Brennan on Mutant X where she told him the piece of chocolate she was eating tasted succulent. It may have been meant as a double entendre in which case he should have said it and not her. If I'm not mistaken, I read that the show's writer gave up law school for creative writing. I would never tell anybody I did that if this is the result.

Archived