All: Each show's Definitive Couples

• Members

Which couples would you say would be each show's definitive romantic couples? I mean long after cancellation the ones who helped define the soaps, among their most iconic and will have been among the most memorable with the most important value to that soap? Try to list what you feel are the top 5 and dont merely select ones you like. Here's my chices

AMC:

1. Tad and Dixie

2. Jesse and Angie

3. Dimitri and Erica

4. Joe and Ruth

5. Adam and Brooke

B&B

1. Ridge and Taylor

2. Ridge and Brooke

3. Eric and Stephanie

4. Thorne and Macy

OLTL:

1. Clint and Viki

2. Cord and Tina

3. Bo and Nora

4. Max and Gabrielle

5. Todd and Blair

GH:

1. Luke and Laura

2. Liz and Lucky

3. Frisco and Felicia

4. Alan and Monica

5. Sonny and Brenda

PC:

1. Kevin and Lucy

2. Scott and Lucy

3. Rafe and Alison

4. Joe and Karen

5. Caleb and Livvie

Days:

1. Roman and Marlena

2. Bo and Hope

3. Alice and Tom

4. Victor and Maggie

5. John and Marlena

SuBe:

1. Ben and Meg

2. Ricardo and Gabi

3. Cole and Caitlin

4. Gregory and Annie

5. Michael and Vanessa

Passions:

1. Ethan and Theresa

2. Chad and Whitney

3. Miguel and Charity

4. Eve and Julian

Y&R:

1. Victor and Nikki

2. Neil and Dru

3. Ryan and Victoria

4. Nick and Sharon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YTTWROOMM

For Y&R I'd add John and Jill for the drama their relationship generated for nearly twenty years. And what about Danny and Cricket? I'm asking more than suggesting.

• Members

I would say the #1 AMC couple is Tad and Dixie. Their story spans across 3 decades. Bc of that many generations of fans have been exposed to them. Jenny and Greg and Cliff/Nina while should be on the list, I dont think would hold the top slot. They are a product of the 80s with many viewers after would have no clue as neither's story had any influence on the show after they were done. Tad and Dixie, while they ahvent been together in years, still have a presence within the show, one that hasnt been forgotten or ignored. They've helped define AMC since they first began in the late 80s and that lasted throughout the 90s and 00s. The same cant be said for Cliff/Nina and Jenny/Greg.

I thought of Cricket and Danny but I was hesitant to put them on bc honstly IM not too versed in Y&R history pre-90s. Im not sure how big they were when they were around

• Members

Thanks. The only one I could consider bumping is Frisco/Felicia bc Luke/Laura are in there to represent 80s GH. Id go with Tony/Bobbie over Edward/Lila bc most of Ed/Lila's story was more about them interacting with their families and not so much themselves as a couple. Plus I got Alan/Monica to represent the Quartermaines and all their disfunctionality

• Members

I definitely wouldn't take out Frisco and Felicia. I think next to Luke/Laura they might be the most well known GH couple in history. If we're keeping it limited to 5, I would just consider Tony/Bobbie honorable mentions.

I agree somewhat about Edward and Lila. Most of the story was through their family, but the love between Edward/Lila was/is the kind of love everyone wants to have. They truly adored each other, and Edward still does. It's beautiful. And Lila, the polar opposite of Edward, represented the mellow part of the Q's, which made them iconic.

But I would agree that Alan and Monica are the definitive Quartermaine couple.

Archived