OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

it's not quite right though. it says that Viki split into Niki smith when Joe died (the first time in 1970) but we all know that it was back in 1968 when Viki fell in love with Joe and Victor Lord disapproved. When Viki and Joe married in 1969, Niki was gone and didn't return until 1985 (despite Marcy Wade and Marco Dane trying to make it look like Niki returned.) in 1970, Gillian Spencer decided to leave too and Viki went to look for Joe. She came back as Joanna Dorian playing Viki. then Erika came not even a year later in 1971 when they decided to put Viki with Steve Burke.

another thing was the magazine said Viki and Joe bought a run down house to fix up but i belive Victor bought them the house when she married the second time. it may have been run down....i don't know. but they did turn it into a nice little "carriage house" as they called it.

• Members

and you'd think that since the show was only 10 years old (or less) at the time, they would be accurate. it's more unstanding now since most of the soaps on TV are pretty old. the youngest B&B just celebrated 25 years and the oldest GH is 49 years old.

• Members

It was. Speaking of which, I always found it interesting that Beth named her son River, for two reasons:

1. He was named for her decision not to jump into the Llantano River and kill herself, and

2. He was NOT named after River Phoenix, even though he was born just about two months after RP died (in December 1993, RP died on Halloween). It would have especially made sense that Beth would have been a young teenage fan of his, and named him River in his honor.

• Members

Naming him after River Phoenix would have been a nice touch, although it would have added even more to the depressing material surrounding Beth and Cassie.

A medical professional wrote in to SOD blasting OLTL for how inappropriate this story was and the bad message it sent. Susan Bedsow Horgan responded that some of the scenes which would have given more balance were not shown because of OJ.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yeah, you can't hear that name and not think of Phoenix. I'm sure someone on the writing team was paying tribute with that name, maybe they were just "playing it safe" by not coming right out and saying it. I liked Beth (and her relationship with Jason) and was surprised that she was killed off. She reminded me of Mary Stuart Masterson in Immediate Family.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Actually, another weird thing about his name: I seem to remember seeing that River's first name is actually William--the name of Andrew and Cassie's first, deceased child. River was either his nickname or his middle name. Seems kind of awkward to me, but there you are.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA