AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In the 4 1980 eps kindly sent to me by a member of here there's one with a lot of Estelle and Benny in the hospital. I am trying to figure out how to convert DVD vob files into uploadable files--pm me with any advice.

I posted this not long back in the video folder, but there's a great set of a full week of 1987 eps (Lorraine Broderick was HW), which I've watched twice. A weird mix of stories--Nina searching for Cliff in the jungle to Charlie flirting on the ice, and Nico and Julie on the run, Erica and Travis, Angie and Jesse fighting over an as yet undiagnosed Cindi re AIDS, etc but it's pretty great to watch now.

Starts Dec 17 (ends Dec 23) 1987. Here's the first part, links can be found from it:

ANd this long scene from the Dec 22 episode in that suite is prob my fave Ruth and Joe moment ever. :cry:

• Members

Watching that clip, although it was kind of fun, reminded me of how empty the Martins have been in the last 15-20 years...I guess it could be much worse (looking at what became of the Bauers), but I think it's just they lost their homey charm when their numbers dwindled and they became known mostly for covering up crimes.

The best part was the start, with Jacob Young doing a spoof of one of those old "serious" quasi-PSA ads.

• Members

A majority of 96-97 has been posted by the person with Israeli (? I think) subs, I've posted some links in the video thread. But for me AMC was tops for me from 91 when I started watching soaps till actually prob early 98--OLTL had a few periods in there I was more devoted to, and I loved the end of Loving and the last few months of The City, but... I was born in 1980 and reading *that book Jonathan and Sylph mock me for mentioning* I used to try to picture the stories in my mind, until the Anniversary book came.

• Members

I go in and out with ghosts--Agnes has used them since at least Mary Kennicot in 75, and a brief appearance that you can credit as someone remembering I think is touching. When Jean Passanante in her solo era did the tacky ghost Heaven I thought it was kinda fun--though why Heaven looks like an all white garden party on a tiny veranda is beyond me--but then of course she brought Ghost Jesse down to help Tad, and then when she ran away and the show had no HW he saved Tad...

• Members

I find it cute--but I admit I have selective memory when it comes to the Martins :P When Joe came back for three episodes the other month I literally would tear up seeing him. It helps that Tad's place on the show has been amazingly redeemed for me in the past year--something that from McTavish's last few years to Pratt made me think he was actually a burden on the show. I do give Broderick a lot of credit for that.

• Members

It was a big MESS. But at least he had good ideas, unlike Passanante I think. What's odd, or maybe not so odd, is in that fun A&E Biography episode about the making of AMC (that yes, I bought on DVD from them) they show people plotting the show and Agnes is there talking every point... I wonder if she was actually that involved at the time or if it was for show. Still, again, it was better than the eras immediately before and immediately after.

• Members

Some of this is afterschool special, but the fact they discuss religion, have some sympathetic characters not approve, and the final bit is brilliant I think--love they brought back Enid. (Broderick) Oh and Dixie's Paigeboy haircut is brilliant too... *coff*

Edited by EricMontreal22