AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's a joke right? It seems even less Millee's style to do a story like that... I believe she popped up in the credits a few times--wasn't she one of the cowriters when Agnes returned in 99? Or was that Elizabeth Page (along with the dreaded Jean Passanante and soon it was just Jean and Agnes and then all Hell broke lose when it was just Jean...)

• Members

What was the deal with Agnes in 1999? I've always been confused. Was she officially back? Because last Saturday VI mentioned her penning David/Erica, but I believe he said "helping". She was tagging teaming with MMT, right?

• Members

Ok I wasn't sure where to ask this so just decided to ask here. I really liked Krystal (still do) from the start and LOVED the few times when Bobbie Eakes has sang on the show. Does anyone remember this one time when Krystal sang, and her voice was in the background of a montage? I forget where exactly but she was standing on a balcony and started singing, then a montage followed. I have been driving myself crazy for a couple years trying to find a clip of that moment. It had to have happened between 2004-2006 somewhere. Everytime I try to find it on YT, I always end up with the clip of Krystal singing karaoke at the bar on Valentine's day, which was good but not what I'm looking for!! sleep.gif lol

That leads me to ask if anyone remembers other times they liked on AMC where a cast member sang, or a time when the show had a musical guest, etc, that they really enjoyed.

• Members

Wow that episode was from 2007, I was off a year. LOL. I remember loving it, especially the "Everybody Wants To Be a Martin" part.

Bobbie has an amazing voice. One of the reasons why I couldn't stop thinking about that song was because of how she kept singing it ALL. THROUGHOUT. THE EPISODE! "Laaa-dedahh-dee (x5).....dream a little dream of me". Eventually I forgot about it but there was always a little part that was stuck in my head, and I wanted to see/hear it again but could never find it until now ;-)

• Members

She followed MMT partly cuz I think people thought that it was the worst AMC had ever been (prob rightly, though some of late 90s MMT isn't as bad in hindsight).

She was officially back--she got top credit and there was an interview I have *somewhere* in SOD with her talking about being too old to HW a show anymore (her last time as full HW was on Loving in '94 where she similarly came to try to put it in shape, and I loved that year) but wanting to get AMC back to what fans liked. The show *was* very Schizo though, even early on--you had stuff that was clearly Agnes--the Becka/Scott/Greenlee story for better or worse was like a retread of 70s AMC with Greens a "poor little rich girl" take on Erica (the way I like her). you had Marian trying to get Opal to get her into the social scene. The town felt liek a town again with social classes, and of course as much talked about she did obviously pen the Bianca story. But even by the end of that story, near the end of her credits, you had Libidizone which, as much as people say "Agnes couldn't have penned such and such" and she did, I have no doubt was Passanante--and within a month from there I noticed Agnes was out of the credits. Passanante stayed as HW--during what I still think, despite much awfulness after, was the worst era ever and then among firing rumours she left to ATWT and the show had no credited HW for about 3 months till Culliton came on.

Edited by EricMontreal22