AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wouldn't mind if Greg came back to Pine Valley with a new wife, to be honest. I love Greg and Jenny, but it's been nearly 30 years. To have everything he does on the show defined by the time he spent with her would just be sad and depressing, IMO (which is why I'm not a fan of ghost Dixie's appearances, even though that's substantially different because of the kids and it's more recent). Of course, I'm not saying completely ignore Jenny, but let that be a nice moment between Greg and Angie. "Sometimes I wonder how you got so lucky...you got Jesse back, and..." "And you're still waiting for Jenny." "Yeah. I love Trish, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but I can't help but wonder sometimes." Pause a few moments as they soak up the nighttime atmosphere (I almost said "as they stare into the sky," but...Angie). Angie: "She's happy for you, Greg." "I know. I know." One or two more moments, they hug, end scene.

• Members

The best soap couple ever. There story would seem quaint and ridiculous today where everything is ugly and over the top with conflict, but they are truly the gold standard and they most certainly are the biggest couple AMC ever produced. I think their photo was on the cover of SOW this week announcing AMC is canceled.

• Members

I wouldn't want her back in person at this point, partially because there have been too many back from the dead characters and partially because it's been so long since she died for the return to have a major impact, but she could come to him in a dream.

I love that idea and I agree that it's been too many years for Greg to have spent alone. It would be nice for him to return in the last week or two to meet Angie & Jesse's new daughter.

• Members

Who were all the ghosts who ushered Gillian into heaven? This was were months after I started watching, so alllll of those people were strangers to me, but Jesse was the main one who kinda took Gillian under his wing.

Ugh. I hate back from the dead when it's obvious that the character is supposed to be really really dead. If Dixie were to come from the dead, you can sort of rationalize it by saying all of the ghost appearances were just figments of JR and Tad's imaginations. But what about Gillian meeting Jesse in heaven? Gillian was dead, she ain't had no imagination, and even if she did, she had absolutely no clue who Jesse was because she'd never met him or Angie, and he'd been "dead" nearly ten years before she even came to Pine Valley.

I'm just eternally grateful AMC's never had one of those stupid cartoonish "supervillains" who come back thanks to special powers, secret weapons, and mad scientists.