• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a photo from what I think is the same editorial:

LucasMimiDerekjpg.jpg

I loved Shari when she had her slicked back, versus the longer version she wore in her later years. The woman is blessed with a beautiful bone structure. I always have to wonder how William Christian lasted so long as part of the shows cast. I never found him particularly captivating, yet he and Derek stuck around for more than a decade. I wish that Shari actually stuck around on recurring, rather than being phased out in 1996.

My dream job is to one day manage the video the archives of AMC, similar to what Roger Newcomb does for the PGP Soaps. I would love to handle the packaging of streaming episodes and DVDs.

• Members

I remember her recurring I think into 1996. Then she had an offscreen divorce from Derek after he admitted to an affair with Taylor. He even went so far as to claim that the supposed child she was pregnant with with Noah, was his.

They lost so many of their awesome African Americans around the same 94/95 period. Dondre Whitfield, Tonya Pinkins, Ingrid Rodgers, and Shari all either left or went on recurring.

• Members

I think Rogers and Whitfield were fired (Whitfield said he was fired because he complained about Derek and Shari's character marrying in the Chicken Shack). For some reason I thought Shari left in late '94. Maybe I'm confusing her with Tonya. When I started watching in mid-95 she was nowhere to be found.

• Members

I know Shari was definetly onscreen in 1995. She was part of the 25th Anniversary celebration (Aka the Martin Family Housewarming). She was no longer on contravt by 1994 as seen by her abesence from the opening credits.

That is the first time I heard about Whitfield. He was a rising star, and did pretty well in the Primetime space post AMC. If my memory serves me right, Mimi and Derek got married at the Loft Apartment (the one time home of Tad and Dixie).