Y&R: Genie Francis joins the show

• Members

After Reigel and Nichols flopped so much, I'm not sure - and if her performance is half as self-conscious as that photo, good luck.

I won't be surprised if they use this as an excuse to dump Eileen and Jess though, no matter how Genie is received. They've never been on ABC soaps, so they have no chance.

This just seems like bad stunt casting to try to save a story no one understood or cared about in the first place.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It always kind of makes me laugh when I hear people chastise Ashley for being upset with Sharon for taking up with a man who killed her baby and had her molested. I guess that's the main purpose for Ashley, besides keeping Fluckers from falling asleep.

I wonder if anyone besides a few of us would even care if Jess went. The show has done a great job of making sure viewers only care about one or two certain pets.

• Members

Eileen's been reduced to propping Nichols & Braeden, ignoring Rylan & harassing Adam/Sharon.

She got more than that with Neil. :lol:

They don't.

But Y&R also thinks they can fix their soaps problems by hiring other soaps actors which pretty much says it all.

• Members

:lol: Good one. Will she be interested now that two of them have been canceled?

Or try to make Ashley as bad a Adam. I've heard some people think she can't complain about Adam causing her miscarriage because she got an abortion.

The sad thing is the soap press and some fans act like it does.

• Members

And of course, Adam is the only one who understand Sharon, the rest are just persecuting her! Adam and Sharon need to get revenge on these evil people.

If Genie thinks she is joining a show with strong female characters, good luck!

• Members

Eden Reigel was *such* a failure and I hate that Jamey Giddeons and Nelson Branco and those other sometimes-idiots refuse to admit it. Why not wait and see how something develops? Stop being such a fanboy and give the actors a chance to succeed or fail before hailing them the best recast on earth. Now they simply have to ignore it to avoid looking like idiots.

My problem with Genie Francis (other than what it means for Jess) is that I've always found her to be a lame actress. Very overrated. A pretty girl who happened to be in a super popular romantic pairing. I know she's improved, but she's never really stood out to me. I guess like a modern Jacquline Courtney?

• Members

I've never been the biggest Genie Francis fan (her boredom with Laura showed for quite a few years before her exit) but I do think she has an earthiness and warmth that can be appealing, and might have worked at Y&R, since the show is so damn soulless. Casting her as some random bitch - something Sheffer shows consistently fail at, even more than his other failures - just brings out her worst qualities. It's the same reason that the soap press panned her when Caera first started out.

The only part of the Eden hype I miss is when they would try to tell us about what a huge success Imaginary Bitches was. If I read nothing but the soap sites I would assume this was the biggest show around and that the Soap Opera Spirit Awards were the Oscars of TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived