B&B: Daniel McVicar Is on Italian Celebrity Survivor!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG - he's fluent and very good in Italian by now I believe. That's makes it easy for him to take all those pay checques for cheesy films and reality formats...

His face looks slightly altered though. Either he did lose weight and the make-up is bad, or went he went to see McNamara/Troy...

• Members

I loooove Isola dei famosi.

I haven't watched this edition but I did see a clip where he was talking about his son just passing away and why he decided to participate in the reality. At first I was very skeptic but he broke my heart.

• Members

Yes, the big live event airs on wednesdays and then there are also recaps that air daily.

The italian celebrity survivor is hardcore, there's no pampering and they all lose an extreme amount of weight because they basically starve them to death.

The 4th edition (?) was won by Luca Calvani who used to be on ATWT as Dante Grimaldi.

• Members

Did this start after the US version? I know some were before the US version.

It's still odd to me the US never tried a Celebrity Survivor.

I remember when the UK and Australia had unsuccessful Survivor shows it was written about but the successful adaptations don't get as much attention.

• Members

Yes, I've seen it. They really look like wrecks in the end. Luca being an example. He was a skeleton in the end, you could see the minute details of the ribs.

And, oh, the recaps! Those are fabulous! Thank you for reminding me. :)

The model from the video is in it too:

• Members

It started in 2003.

Third episode of this edition was seen by 3.373.000 people and had a 12.76% share.

The second edition had 11 million viewers for the final show so it just keeps tanking. It's been in the shitter for a few years now.

• Members

The viewership was better than in previous weeks, but still not good. It was beaten by the Champions League match Tottenham–Milan. 3,546,000 people watched with a share of 15.10% (in Italy, share is the big thing). More than 6 million watched the soccer match, which had a 20.52% share.

Archived