40 years of ES as Victoria Lord Banks

BKuzak

• Members

Doh, I didn't even realize that Erica episode--which I liked--was timed with the anniversary! I guess that's fine. It does seem that lately we haven't really gotten enough in terms of seeing what makes Vicki tick.

Ha well it was actually the Billy Douglas gay teen storyline that hooked me--and then the Marty stuff, but definitely when they started to get into Vicki's past first with Todd (even if I never really liked Todd), then the '95 DIDs, etc, that firmly hooked me on the show and the character (pity that around then the show started to go through an off period again--don't get me started on the barely remembered by me story where Vicki was hypnotised to kill one of her kids or something...)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes the story where Carlo had Viki hypnotized to Kill Kevin was the one storyline Erika hated and still talks about.

The storyline i hate is Viki being sort of involved in creating Tess storyline. After Viki returned in 1986 (before Jessica was even born) from Niki, she didn't have a reaccurence until 1995 except for breif moments in the early 1990's. The only way i can swallow this is telling myself it was in 1990 when Jessica was four (Before Erin took over and aged jessica to eight)and Viki was in her stroke. Remember Niki came out and shot Johnny Dee, Carlo's son. I'm thinking that's the time Niki came out and took Jessica to bars at night while everyone thought Viki could hardly walk and talk. Of course it goes against the whole 2006 story but it's the only way i can beleive it. but i hate it so much.

see that's the down side to having a character on for 20 or more years, they can rewrite history and screw up their past that you thought you watched on screen. Viki's had two children she forgot about, she secretly turned into Niki and took jessica to bars as a kid... It all so goes against Viki's character. For us who've watched her for the past 18 to 20 years and have studied her history on screen, the worst thing she ever did was sleep with Sloan while she was still legally married to Clint. (not counting things her alters have done. but they weren't Viki.)

Archived