OLTL: Frank Valentin staying at the helm

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't worry about it, the reporter was kind enough to spell Paul Rauch's name wrong.

At this point, I really don't know who in this incestuous (and in many cases played out) industry (where we're constantly reminded that creative folk's hands are tied by higher ups) would be a better fit for the show, so I guess I'm fine with FV staying put. I would like to see some more of the intelligent, elegant, "pulled up" storytelling of the early '90s however. The show is all too often splashy and fanfictiony. Feels cheap. But on the plus side, when it's playing its A-game, the show is incredibly entertaining and even hilarious (not exactly the most appropriate attribute of a soap, but when done well it really works for this show).

• Members

No, it doesn't me...since it was announced last last fall that he and Carlivati had just signed new contracts. ;)

And I found the article last night and glanced over it, and it is interesting. Valentini may be able to keep OLTL on or under budget, but creatively the show needs some new blood at the helm.

Archived