Llanview coma watch...

• Members

From TVGuide.com...

ONE LIFE COMA UPDATE

As you read here first, One Life to Live fully intends to rouse its comatose district attorney, Nora Hanen, now that Hillary B. Smith's contract has been renewed for another year. And no OLTL fan is more pleased than the ABC sudser's head writer, Dena Higley.

"I hate [feeling like] the child of divorced parents," Higley jokingly tells TVGuide.com. "When you've got an actor and the network in some sort of legal battle, you're just sitting there going, 'What do I do?' I have my preferences, but I don't get a vote. It's just so much better now that I can go ahead and burn on [Nora's] story. What a relief!"

So when exactly will Nora wake up? "Late March or the beginning of April," Higley predicts. "I had to wait for the green light [from ABC] and we're writing really far ahead right now. We're planning to give Hillary a showcase for her talent. She is great at playing physical challenges, so we will tell a realistic story of recovery — not just from the brain aneurysm, but from being in a coma for that long.

"I think it's going to be incredibly moving," the sudsy scribe adds. "It's not going to be one of those soap-opera comas where people pop up out of bed and say, 'I needed that six-month rest. I think I'll go play some tennis!'"

------------------------------

And from ABC Soaps in Depth...

HBS is staying. DH says they were never gonna kill Nora. It wouldn’t have served the show. When Nora wakes up, she’ll go through a rehab process.

-------------------------------

Like I believe that for ONE second!

Well, let's see...Nora went into the coma last October. If she doesn't wake up until April, that's 6 months. That's too long to go without Nora interacting with everyone in Llanview. Damn it Nora! Wake up! Llanview needs you.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This new TVG writer is pretty sucky. Delaina Dixon had real exclusive stuff. This is old news. Plus the news first broke on HBS site.

And Then, we ask, why are we waiting for March or April to resurrect her?! Uhm, if we are so happy to have her back AND alive, why are we waiting over THREE MONTHS since she re-signed to bring her character out of a nonsensical coma?!

• Members

It is evident that OLTL does what ATWT does. ATWT writes and tapes far ahead. B and B doesn't.I read where Brad Bell prefers it this way so if something isn't working on screen he can fix it quickly. We ATWT fans have had to suffer with stories and characters that were bombing because of this.

I don't watch OLTL but I remember HBS as Margo. She was my favorite Margo. What a waste of talent being in a coma that long!

• Members

Yeah her return is old news. But how they are going to write for her and when they will wake her up is new. Higley and Frons are idiots. Why leave her in a coma for three more months?

But I guess I shouldn't expect from ABC and OLTL...after all, look at the Michael Easton overkill. <_<

• Members

I could tell something was different with the TV Guide articles. They just aren't the same. I knew they were going to wake up Nora, I read that, but this is the first time I heard the timetable. I think she should wake up Feb/March, not April geez!!

Archived