Neil Patrick Harris slams Eric Braeden

Lucid

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Braeden played a haughty critic in one of the last season's episodes. He trashed most of the other characters in his column. At the end, they want to smash a pie in his face. He convinces them not do so because they are better than that. Ted then walks in and smashes the pie into Braeden's face.

• Members

EB is no saint but Doogie needs to sit his ass down somewhere for about five minutes. Lately he's been *everywhere* and I liked him a lot more before he was. And let's stop pretending that the boy can sing, his voice is flat and he is not our generation's next great song and dance man, even Hugh Jackman has him beat on that one. I like NPH but oddly find myself siding with The Braedan on this one.

• Members

I agree with this. This is why him starring in his own show eons ago is irrelevant to me, as well as EB. NPH reminds me of someone like Mark Paul Gosselaar, who was a child star in his own right, got a modicum of success years later with NYPD and failed to be relevant after. NPH is riding the wave of success of HIMYM, but once the wave is gone so is he. Unless he's lucky enough to convince Hollywood to have him headline another bland formulaic comedy that appeals to their demographic. I doubt he can. Just as Freddie Prinze, Jr.

• Members

THANK YOU!!! I thought I was all by myself for a second. I liked NPH too before he was everywhere, but now I'm just tired of seeing him. I think the breaking point was his "surprise" performance at the Academy Awards after he'd already hosted the Emmys and the Tonys. I can go about a year without seeing those beady little eyes randomly pop up on my TV.

To be fair, I think EB is wrong to regard him as some new star who's going to disappear one day. He's been in the biz on and off for a while, he's no doubt experiencing his peak right now (I doubt he'll ever be a household name), and I don't see his celebrity rapidly vanishing any time soon. Once HIMYM ends, he's going to have to work to stay relevant.

Compare to EB, who has an entire show, sinking or not, by the balls.

• Members

I don't think NPH has ever been relevant, and will never be. You're right about that. I think he's been wise in his career decisions, as he's managed several breakout type of roles from Doogie Howser to the more recent stuff like HIMYM and the Kumar movies. I give him more credit than a lot of child stars, who rarely manage to branch into adult roles, but he's not a star and never really was. I think he will still be around in TV and on stage, someone you just tend to see who works consistently. I can't see him in a major movie role.

Freddie Prinze Jr. was a crappy and boring actor who lucked out with movies that were successful for reasons that had nothing to do with him, so I can't compare him to MPG or NPH. I think NPH and MPG both have a certain charisma which Prinze has never had. For better or worse they will both be remembered for more than their last name, their spouse, and the movie where Jennifer Love Hewitt ran around in a wet tank top.

• Members

If you go and re-read this thread which has been driven into the ground for two days now, no wonder Eric Braeden always wins. Neil Patrick Harris made a mistake. Make that two: he used the d word and later apologized. It was all really dumb. Of course Eric Braeden won. Furthermore, what's appalling are blatant calls for violence by the actor, which elicited absolutely no reaction. And he wasn't interviewed in some sh!tty local newspaper no one has heard of.

Two, the He is every where, I hate him! is getting old. Where everywhere exactly? Why is frustration from other parts of life overpouring into something that has nothing to do with it?

I'm no Neil Patrick Harris fan, but seriously.

The sooner this utterly irrelevant bullshit, together with all the Patrick Harrises, Gosselars and Prinze Jrs. dies, the better.

• Members

:huh: Sylph, what the hell are you talking about?

AMS and I never said that we hated him, and Everywhere is a quaintly annoying little town in Anywhere U.S.A. whose inhabitants have included Paris Hilton, the cast of Twilight, and Cameron Mathison.

The fact is, NPH is a nice guy who was lucky enough to catch himself a second wind. He's had the good fortune of successfully capitalizing on the nostalgia/camp-factor of his career starting with his cameo in Harold and Kumar and he's been sailing on his page in pop culture history ever since. Very few child actors have been so lucky. His charm (given) and singing/dancing talent (dubious) have led to high profile hosting gigs, and I haven't a doubt that the culmination of all this has him smelling himself a little. He obviously felt entitled enough to slag off a soap star in a very publiv way, not like he would have ever called Pacino a douchebag for turning down a stint on his show.

• Members

It's not "overpouring" into this. I think NPH's initial tweet was silly and childish and EB's response was characteristically pompous and unintentionally (or maybe intentionally?) hilarious. I don't hate NPH; I'm just over him and song-and-dance shtick. I'm not a HIMYM fan, and I don't really like his type of humor. None of that really influences my thoughts on his tweet or EB's response, however.

• Members

Even then. Sadly. It doesn't matter if his defeat is factual (i.e. pay cut), until he is on that show, he can always spin it to his own advantage.

It can in a matter of three letters. Money, you need to re-examine your policing approach in this, Shonda and ratings threads.

• Members

Meaning he's a sissy who felt a sudden surge of weird energetic fields and then decided to slam Eric Braeden thinking it would be easy to win. But then all so suddenly he realized how stupid the tweet was, no?

I stand by my statement that that little town Everywhere and line concerning it is really...

• Members

I think NPH has made a name for himself over the years, I'd say he's pretty relevant

Go NPH, this from SOD.com:

Harris then added, "We've recast with Ray Wise [ex-Leland, TWIN PEAKS], a fantastic actor who makes any part 'substantial'. Super excited to welcome him to the family!" A few hours later, Harris backed away from his off-the-cuff tweet, explaining, "I'm just fiercely protective of our show."

LMAO at the "he makes any part substancial" that he does, EB would have played this like he plays Victor as one note and would phone it in most likely

Archived