AMC Actor FIRED!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hilary had the potential to be a very interesting character this go 'round too. She was AMC's chance at a "Real Housewife"-type character, a white wine alcoholic dealing with an a-hole husband and a difficult kid, perhaps duped by the sweet young love that soured with Tad, content not living but existing in her Chardonnay haze.

• Members

Everything about the Hilary angle was utter garbage ESPECIALLY when Carmen Thomas was available and willing to return. But even if she wasn't then bring on Lisa Peluso or Noelle Beck as a recast and TELL THE [!@#$%^&*] STORY!! Instead they brought on Paul Miller in the attempt to make Tad look like SuperDad and trashed the characters and history.

• Members

And that's precisely why fans get so bitchy, it's all laid out right before them and they take the bonehead route instead. Still could have had a jerk stepdad, but to not include the mom who we KNOW?? I mean, really. Not even any cool Maris-like references. So many potentially great moments just tossed out the window.

• Members

That would help, NB is more interesting when she's got some spice. She's be an intresting love interest for Tad, and the Dixie connection naturally. Maybe she'd be all corporate and work with Caleb at Cortlandt.

And Cheap who is that in your avatar? Lately I've been seeing that face in my head when I'm watching TV and have a similar reaction to something someone says.

• Members

Agreed with all of this. I'll be disappointed to see him go honestly--he was a good actor and the character was starting to make sense on the canvas. I feel a bit better though now that it sounds like it was his own decision... Really though the fact they never even brought Hillary back temporarily was a mistake...

• Members

I agree with most of what you say except that theatre people don't adapt well to soaps... That would basically negate half of our all time best soap actors from the James Mitchells alone. However starting on a soap in New York and then going to LA if you want to keep in theatre could be a problem. If anything, even now, soaps are the one filmed genre that's still the closest to theatre (much longer takes with dialogue more important than action, less chance of retakes, etc)

I thought new characters usually had an out clause after one year on their contract?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived