Most random soap returns

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't Sheffer bring Chloe and Brady back to Days? Chloe came back while the Shawn/Belle/Phillip triangle was still going on, and she was very vixen-ish upon her return. Brady was said to be missing, and that was tied in (stupidly) with the Colleen Brady thing. It was weird how they basically resolved all their issues and their entire relationship in one scene at the Brady Pub, though...

Nicole fizzled out in 2006 because they were toying with her and Austin again, and then Carrie returned, and Nicole became pointless to JER because he had the old Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad back. So Nicole had a one-nighter with Roman and was never seen again. I really think Higley, or whoever brought her back in 2008, did so because they needed another woman in that age range to play against Sami, and Nicole had some history

Calliope's 2005 (?) return was weirder than her one this year, I thought. I didn't even think JER was aware she existed, and then she was planning somebody's wedding? That was so strange. At least this time, it connected to her past with Anna, and they mentioned Eugene. Days has been semi-random in a lot of the returns since 2009. Carly was a strange one, except it made sense because Crystal Chappell was riding the wave of GL/Otalia buzz, and Days was in a rebuilding state. Justin and Adrienne have both been pretty random, though I like the idea that they're in town and living their lives and we get to see them now and again.

They had to give Alec Musser some role or another because of Who Wants To Be a Soap Star?, and I guess Del was as good as any. So weird that the character was on canvas again for like 2-3 years and did nothing whatsoever.

ATWT -- Dani this last go-round. It was not only random, but gross that she was sleeping with Craig. Did that character even interact with her damn relatives at all?! What happened to her?

• Members

Lisa Rinna return as Billie and the return of Colin Murphy to only have him stay on the island!

I like Calliope's first return because of her scenes with Marlena.

Also the return of Amanda Cory with the redhead in the role. Cass Winthrop returns on GL and ATWT. To me he was a character who should have made Oakdale or Springfield home.

• Members

It's best to pretend everything on DAYS in 2004 never actually happened. ;)

What about when Y&R brought back Billy Abbott sometime around 2006 I think? Can't remember the actor, can't remember the storyline. I think he did something sketchy at Jabot, and then left.

• Members

yah if he didnt return, people would have been blasting TPTB about it making no sense why Billy wouldnt come when his father was dying. They should just have had it be a driveby though. Come for the death and funeral but leave after. Their mistake was making him stay with no clear plan

Archived