The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

See, I don't agree with this. Out of the prison might provide for more adventure, but the "real world"? On this show, what's that? They are meeting one uninteresting group after the other. Between that, Maggie's stupidity/obsession with all things Glenn and the lack of the show's leads, this is the absolute worst season and part 2 has just been heinous.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm mostly just enjoying the moments where we get to go to various houses and abandoned places. I think that added a nice touch of, not reality, but atmosphere. I loved the prison set and I didn't want them to leave, but I was glad for a break before we get another group setting, especially if it's like Woodbury.

• Members

I'm not a hater of the prison setting. In fact, I enjoyed it probably 100x more than that farm. I think the biggest problem with the prison is that it was so tied in with the Governor.

Shortly after season two began, I remember thinking to myself, "This show would be so cool if they could just get back on the road and experience things as if they were on a journey someplace safer [rather than staying in one spot]."

And I think that's why the second half of season four has been so enjoyable for me. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have minded the journey to Terminus to last a little longer, perhaps for the duration of the first half of season five.

• Members

This season has been short on deaths the only main cast killed this season was Hersel. The cast is to big 15-16 characters.

So i'm hoping for at least 2 deaths. I'm hoping that Beth is one because EK is just awful and i thinking either sasha or tyreese are goners.

I think terminus may end up being the prison 2.0 in season 5.

I just hope this finale doesn't suck

• Members

I'm not, and this is the first time that I have lukewarm feelings about a Sunday night. Even after that embarrassing unrealistic S3 finale (at least Andrea died... totally saved the season), I was excited about the show. The new showrunner is just not bringing it.

Where in the sam hell is Ann?

• Members

There is alot of rumors flying that maggie is a goner and if she is. I will be pissed beth being the last green standing would be a big joke.

Poor CR asked to be on TTD but the show / amc said no. which understandable going by the story that is going to be seen to night.

• Members

I don't ever need to see Maggie again!

If the intent was to make the audience not give a damn about Maggie and her fate, mission accomplished. This is the opposite of Andrea. All it took was separating Andrea from the group, and that was all that was needed to show that she was not a good character. Maggie was a strong character and likable to boot. This season crushed her!

• Members

I still give a damn about Maggie and her fate. I feel like every character who does or says something that isn't perfect tends to be polarizing, but I've learned that just because I don't like them doesn't mean others don't. I thought Shane (as much as I liked the actor) needed to go, yet some fans insist the show was ruined and he was right about everything.

I'm more interested this season than last season, where I felt like everything just sort of died after they got Maggie and Glenn back from Woodbury, and there was way too much time spent on The Governor going to crazytown. I think they've made some mistakes this season but I also feel like some of this had to be done. Last season at this point felt so sparse and I only felt invested in Rick, Michonne, and Hershel (I hated Glenn's story last season) by the end. This season has made me care a lot about most of the group, sans Daryl.

With that said, if Judith dies, or if female characters die just so we can see their boyfriends/brothers/what have you making sad faces, then I don't think I'll be back.

Edited by DRW50