DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

This reminds me. When I was updating the character rankings this week, I noticed this stat:

Josh Taylor is at 1916 for Roman, Wayne was Roman for 918 episodes. So, when Josh appears 2 more times, he will have played Roman in 1,000 more episodes than Wayne did.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think there were real solid rumors Deidre/Drake dated.  Before he married his wife which is a bit murky.  The stories don't exactly line up.   But a few of those children aren't his biologically and it's public knowledge.  Which is absolutely fine.  Wayne might have felt a little more safe for her.

• Members
Posted (edited)

She talks about missing Wayne. She was very happy with RoMar. She's never stopped saying he's her best friend. She has told anecdotes of at least two pranks Wayne pulled & she clearly thinks they are hilarious. I wonder if she didn't want to recapture "the cop & the doc".

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

It always sounded like Wayne was very well liked and his "pranks" were in good fun.  Deidre and Wayne are friends in real life and from what I can tell Drake/Deidre aren't.  I think DH/DH like and respect one another as co-workers but that's it.

I remember Deidre saying after they were fired in 2009 she literally didn't speak to Drake at all until they were re-hired.  That was crazy to me.  Not even a Christmas card?  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yet, here we are, saying all the time: "Where's Wayne?  How come Wayne can't play Roman anymore?  WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE GET WAYNE BACK ON THIS DAMN SHOW!!"

I guess that explains this photo:

Please register in order to view this content

(I mean, why is Josh there, "kissing" Deidre, and not Drake?)

• Members

I don't believe there is any serious competition in a Wayne vs. JT Roman-off! We know who would win. But the way it stands now with Roman's biggest excitement being that his new daughter-in-law doesn't like chowder, I would feel bad mounting a campaign to get WN back! I wonder could they, would they give Roman some part of this new Comatose Holly storyline. It seems to be shaping up as an umbrella story. 

• Members

I mean, Drake/Deidre make out all the time for fan events and that's weird to me.  I just think they are co-workers and know they are stuck together for life basically.  I am not sure if either one of them love that, but they just are resigned to it at this point.  I don't think they have weekend BBQ's together or anything.

I have never heard Deidre say anything overly positive about Josh Taylor so that image is strange.   I am sure Josh Taylor is a nice guy though. 

• Members

That picture is totally weird. 

But, what I wanted to speak to is the PDA between Drake & Dee in public. Their fans, the rabid ones, are so crazy about it. Last Day of Days, they indicated they did not plan to share a kiss & some Jarlenites posted that it ruined the whole trip for them. I couldn't believe it! They were serious. There's something off about that. When they are at events, they're being themselves, Dee & Drake, not Marlena, not John. I suspect some of these fans have confused real with reel. It seems to me that it is sick. 

• Members

Oh, yeah, I know some Jarlena fans are deep into it.  I would never expected two co-stars who aren't in a relationship to kiss at fan events.  I think it's just a John/Marlena thing because they used to have a lot of sex scenes and fans got used to it?  I am not saying it's normal, I just think they have very intense fans.  

• Members

As it should be. Deidre has appeared in over 5000 episodes (more than anyone else) and is the star of the show. That’s why I’m constantly asking for the Jarlena family to replace the Hortons as the core family.

• Members

I’m very curious about the Manhattan Lives spinoff which was intended to star Deidre Hall. It involved Marlena relocating to New York. I believe Sheri Anderson developed it. I’m not sure if her leading men were meant to accompany her nor do I know if any other cast members were going to join her. They likely would have aged Sami and Eric. Would Carrie have stayed in Salem?

I believe there was another spinoff developer called Pacific Lives and would have been about Tommy Horton  working as a doctor in Hawaii.

• Members

NBC was also developing a Saturday morning spinoff that was tentatively titled Salem High and would have starred the Last Blast Crew. It would have aired alongside a Passions spinoff featuring teaching home ec at Harmony High.