As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Suz was a new friend that Ellen made post divorce.

Madame Koster was a phoney(?) medium that was involved in the regression story.

Stan was a PI that had a flirtation with widowed Kim. Cliff was a young cop.I think Brenda was a Stenbeck maid.No idea about Aaron.

That cast list seems a bit random as I don't think Palmer and some of the others were on contract.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. I'd forgotten about the people who were in Ellen's new life story (wasn't Jane Powell in there too before temping as Lisa).

Did Cliff have a story? I seem to remember Jay having a role on EON or Search, and he was also in Cruising around this time.

• Members

I guess I never realized Lisa Loring played Cricket, another former child star in Christopher Knight was on AW at the same time.

Thanks for the history clarifications Carl I get confused there 1988-1989. Marland had such a large vibrant canvas at the time its easy to get lost in.

• Members

For one thing, Thomas Gibson's very fey performance as Derek. He and Martha Byrne's Lily generated about as much "heat" as a warmed-over Lean Cuisine dinner.

And I'm not even gonna talk about that dialogue. That just proves Mitch's point about Marland. LOL!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I agree about the lack of heat, although for me that's true for them in most of their roles.

I do like the idea of the story - Lily thought she was growing up only to realize her fantasy was a nightmare. I just wish they'd had a little more time and they'd done more with Derek's sister and father. It was very refreshing to see Charles Keating not hamming it up.

• Members

Or, "Honesty is the most important part of a relationship." Said countless times by someone whose partner (as the camera zooms into their uncomfortable expression) is hiding the paternity of a baby, holding a relative hostage, buying up Stocks in Walsh, or covering up a one night stand.