The Soapgeist 7/19/10

• Members

That whole paragraph about Angie is a joke. I really don't see this storyline as DM "turning crap into gold". It's not gold, but it's not crap either, IMHO. So I just wish he'd stfu.

Friday: Victor surprises Maggie with a late-night visit on DAYS.

I can't wait!! wub.gif

• Members

There are a lot of stuff coming up with them. Seems like they are on two-three times a week for the next few weeks. Corday said they have a long term slow burning storyline and nothing is rushed, so lets hope he sticks to it!

Thanks for the info. I hope he sticks to it, to. Victor/Maggie are awesome, I'm looking forward to whats to come.

• Members

"In the story to be broadcast in September, Ken Barlow discovers he has a long-lost son, Lawrence (played by Linus Roache), and a grandson, James (played by James Roache). Lawrence, however, hates his son because he's gay."

In true "Corrie" fashion, though, Bob Hughes Ken Barlow is still frightfully dull.

• Members

Ken's not so bad. :lol: He's at his best when people are winding him up. It's a shame that Corrie is too scared to actually tell stories about gay men, but there was one a few years ago that was hilarious when his mother in law kept trying to convince her daughter that Ken was secretly gay.

I really don't like the sound of this story. A few characters who will only be around for a very short time play out some sort of homophobic abuse storyline and then will probably never be mentioned again. Why bother? This isn't 1970 when you can do this as some kind of shocking "edgy" storyline. Either dump Sean and bring in an interesting, long term character, or don't bother at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• I will gladly defer to you, as you were there.    Seriously though, it is possible the same actor presided over both weddings, or I may have assumed it was Bruce from whatever source it came from, so I'll adjust it as you have it,   Thanks!   GENERAL HOSPITAL Donna Corinthos (they hire one every time  someone dies or resurrects?  I guess?)  Arya and Ayla Dormiani   2021-
    • TREVA FRAZEE RADIO LIFE CAN BE BEAUTIFUL         Katherine Burton       1949 MISTER KEEN TRACER OF LOST PERSONS     Unknown Role THE ROMANCE OF HELEN TRENT    Loretta Cole STELLA DALLAS       Jennie Smith ZERO HOUR       Unknown Role TELEVISION THE WORLD OF MISTER SWEENEY     Unknown Role     1955 DAYS OF OUR LIVES          Mrs. Winkler      1977                                            Mrs. Porter       1978                                           Mrs. Tate  1980 and... SABRINA THE TEENAGED WITCH     Ophelia     (voice)     1969 THE WALTONS      The Landlady     1981   Appeared as Alice Kramden's sister,  Agnes Gibson Saxon on THE HONEYMOONERS in 1956.                     Please register in order to view this content   MARGARET "MAGGIE" HAYES AKA DANA DALE RADIO UNKNOWN ROLES THE ADVENTURES OF ELLERY QUEEN ASSIGNMENT HOME AUNT JENNY'S REAL LIFE STORY THE BOB HOPE SHOW THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD THE LUX RADIO THEATER MY TRUE STORY MYSTERY THEATER THE SILVER THEATER   TELEVISION NBC's  MATINEE THEATER    Eve Endicott   "Letter to a Stranger"   3/2/1956 Margaret Tydings  "From the Desk of Margaret Tydings"   4/4/1956 Unknown Role    "The Mask of Venus"    3/10/1958   THREE STEPS TO HEAVEN   Kate Adams    1953-54 MODERN ROMANCES     Hostess  "The House Guests"  week of 2/2/1955 THE WAY OF THE WORLD     "Woman torn between two loves."   Week of  4/18/1955 THE VERDICT IS YOURS      Unknown Role  11/1960 FLAME IN THE WIND/ A TIME FOR US     Roxanne Reynolds      1964-66 AS THE WORLD TURNS       Mrs. ____  ___     Steiner    1967; 1969 and THE LIFE AND LEGEND OF WYATT EARP    Dora Hand     1956 Designed and sold jewelry after she retired. Mother of actress Tracey Brooks Swope and  Herbert Bayard Swopes III   (17 year old son of Maggie Hayes) who appeared on FLAME IN THE WIND with her.   4/1966-?       Bill Adams SNOW VILLAGE     Unknown Role
    • Does Jill still own 25% of Jabot? I haven't kept up in a while and I just saw a tweet that Jill offered a position to Billy at Chancellor which made me question what gave Jill the authority to offer a position within that company?  Did she gain Chancellor stock when she thought she was Kay's daughter and just never gave it back, or is she the proxy for her son Phillip's stock?  I would hope that they didn't write in that she owns part of Fenmore's because Neil died before Jill found out they were related and Lauren was his sole heir (which doesn't suddenly change when a bastard child is found).
    • @soapfan770 Agree, Lillie Belle Barber was the last of the messy matriarchs. One of the most powerful scenes on 1990s Y&R was the Dru/Lillie Belle confrontation where Dru learned she was the result of marital rape.
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy