ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

Okay, did DAYS fans pan this because I actually think it's pretty neat. :lol: I liked the faux Will thing on AMC too. That and this are imo so much more interesting and creative than Y&R's doppelganger crap, two actors playing the same character is way more cool.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Stan thing was ridiculous, but it was also very clever. It kept Sami in story, and Dan Wells did a (shockingly) terrific job of mimicking her mannerisms and convincing you that he was really Sami in drag.

It wasn't super well-received, though I think part of that was the fact that they wrote a horrible story for Sami during that time. S/he was running around "getting revenge" on... Mimi and Tek and all these random people. Meanwhile, Kate -- the actual object of her ire -- barely got touched, and then Stan/Sami wound up being a part of this horrible rescue mission to "the war in the Middle East" in which Shawn, Lucas, Brady, and Rex went to save Phillip from "the terrorists," who turned out to be Tony DiMera & Co.

Yes, it was as stupid as it sounds.

They barely touched the really fun aspect of the story, which would have been Lucas (who had just dumped Sami and thought she was out of town) being drawn to Stan and having all these confused feelings over it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Carmen was a temp Lisa for a few days in 2004 or 2005.

Jane Powell was a film star in the 40s and 50s, through MGM. Her biggest movie was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

In the late 80s she had a run playing "witchy" Rebekka Beecham on Loving.

• Members

Eileen was a little upset about them recasting her with Carmen at the time because Lisa was hardly ever given anything to play. When they finally DID give her something, they didn't really make an effort to work around Eileen's schedule, even have her on crutches/in a wheelchair or whatever.

I have one of Carmen's episodes on tape. Her scenes are with Sarah Brown and her little moppet of a son with the Lawrence brothers bowl cut. I wasn't an ATWT fan, I just tuned in to see Carmen, but I guess Lisa owned the hotel where they were staying and she was being a warm hostess to them.

• 1 month later...