ATWT: List of who will be on the last episode

• Members

Is someone being killed off? Terri Colombino is quoted in the article saying they are having a sad storyline at the end, which she said is good for the actors because it's cathartic.

I really felt the emotion in Kathryn Hays's quote. She was the best actress on ATWT. Some older actresses get a little less effective with age, or become the generic grandmother figure, but she never did. Kim's fight with Alison before her heart attack just last year, Kim's fight with Bob at the anniversary just this year, so subtle, so much angst, Hays still has it! I will miss the character of Kim immensely.

JellicleCat, the Noah/Luke/Reid triangle has been a significant part of the show's plans. Susan Dansby was also secretive in her tweets just a few weeks ago about who Luke was going to be with, saying both Reid and Noah were in an episode she was writing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure Goutman thinks that he did the best that he could to save ATWT. I have always believed that shifting demos have hurt the soaps, but the poor storytelling did its share of damage to ATWT. Even now I cringe watching the dreck that ATWT has become.

• Members

It didn't help that Goutman hired ABC actors left and right instead of concentrating on the vets of the show. Not to mention he got rid of Martha and Scott Bryce. I wish Goutman would stay unemployed. But you know AMC or OLTL will hire him as a EP or director. The guy deserves to be unemployed. But look at Pissy...she gets another HW job at OLTL. I can't believe it!

I am shocked at what I saw in yesterday's show. Lucinda, Lily, Holden, Bob and Kim in one show. The stories may suck but to see La Walsh and Kim & Bob in one show is a miracle.

• Members

I can believe it. This genre is determined to kill itself. Eventually, they will run out of soaps to keep recycling the failures. However, if JP brings ESS to OLTL or DK brings ESS to AMC, I can live with them.

• Members

I would love to see ESS in primetime, but I think that it is tough in this economy and he is married with a kid or two. In the meanwhile, DK should bring him on AMC as a doctor who gets involved with Amanda.

Pictures after the last day of filming. Larry Bryggman is there: http://suecoflin.photoshelter.com/gallery/06-23-10-ATWT-Last-Day-shooting-Brooklyn/G0000lzjbhCCfkiY/

• Members

Another website is saying that the final scene is with Dusty and Janet! WTF! Not sure we can post links here. It's on the soaptownusa website, in the ATWT section under "Loose Lips." Supposedly that's what Grayson McCouch has posted on his website, but I can't find any confirmation of that. You'd think the final scene would include the Hughes family with Bob given some speech or toast. The Dusty/Janet think sounds very fishy.

• Members

I'm sick of all the bitching & kvetching about Goutman & JPiss not doing anything to save ATWT- the show has been DAMN GOOD for the past year- they went back to long-term storytelling, cut out (for the most part) the characters going from one place in town to the next, they stopped the breakneck pacing, characters we love (save Janet & Libby) have been front & center, what more do you people want? Of course they tried to save the friggin show- for the love of God, cancellation puts all of these people, including Goutman, out of work! Yes, it may have been a case of too little, too late, but IMO, a valiant effort was made but it didn't matter because CBS and P&G/Telenext had already made up their minds. Those are the people you all should be wretching about, not the creative minds & talents at ATWT- for pete's sake, they could have brought back John, Penny, Lyla, Iva, Andy,Martha Byrne hell, even Meg freaking Ryan & Marisa Tomei- NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE MATTERED because the execs at CBS & P&G/Telenext had already made their decision, probably 2 years ago. If you're looking to blame someone, BLAME THEM!

As for the show, it really sucks if Chris/Katie are endgame. It's easily her worst pairing ever. While I was obviously rooting for a Mark Collier return as Mike, I would have even accepted a Simon/Katie reunion. Chris/Katie is worst case scenario, unless TPTB still have some surprises up their sleeves. I, for one, hope they do.

Archived