Daytime TV Reader's Poll No. 001

• Members

First off this is not Steve. This is his partner while he was living, Gilbert (or as he called me Gil). I have been trying to clean out some of Steve's stuff and ran across some things that I thought I would share on some of the sites he used to go too. I am very slow at this kind of stuff so the posts may be 1 a day or so. But I am going to try to get some of his stuff in his vast collection out to places. Hope you enjoy. And hope this is okay with the Admins to post on his account.

Daytime TV Reader's Poll No. 1

April 1970

2h731c3.jpg

2j2c651.jpg

2dihx1x.jpg

2wck5rm.jpg

Note: These are from Steve's vast collection. He had tons of stuff scanned over at his old site and some stuff he never posted. I am going to try and put some of it out there for others. Don't ask me questions please because I have no way of knowing who any of these folks are. I didn't start watching soaps until 2006 and then pretty much only GH.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve had this note with this. He said that it was a big surprise to everyone when Don Stewart won since it was so widely accepted that Jonathan Frid was the most popular actor in soaps at the time. So everyone was shocked.

• Members

This was an unexpected gift, thank you, and Steve.

Did you notice that they don't mention AW's early ratings struggles, but do mention those with Love is a Many Splendored Thing, and then say that the show got better thanks to ditching an interracial relationship. Good luck saying that in print today. Yet that attitude is still prevalent in daytime <_<

After all my memories of Robert Mandan as Chester Tate it's kind of funny hearing that viewers liked him for his strength.

• Members

What a gem, thank you so much for sharing Gil!

Carl, I was thinking the same think about Robert Mandan.

It's almost surreal to read about people like Donna Mills in her twenties living in midtown Manhattan, Robin Strasser just having her first child...

And DaytimeFan HAS to see that ad for the instant lifts. :lol:

• Members

I kind of laughed at how every entry, especially for the men, had to very quickly say whether they were single or involved with someone. I guess they figured most of the readers had delusions of happily ever after with the hunks.

Poor Eileen; in that photo she looks like she's choking on a feather.

• Members

Thank you, Gilbert, for sharing these! I'm sorry for the loss of your partner. SteveFrame was quite the soap opera expert and I know I'm not alone in saying that those of us on this board looked forward to his posts.

Archived