Melissa Reeves in Hitchhiker

• Members

I was watching an episode of The Hitchhiker a few days ago, one of the many strong anthology shows from the 80s, and they had an episode called Homebodies where James Remar and some young guy were convicts on the lam. They eventually made their way to what they thought was an empty house, and they begin to fight. They are interrupted by the family who live there. A little boy, a mother and father, and a teenage daughter played by...Melissa Brennan, AKA Melissa Reeves, Jennifer Rose Horton. As the episode went on,

Were any other soap people ever on the show?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recently saw another episode, starring Kirstie Alley (who, like she did in her other Hitchhiker appearance, hammed it up in a horrible way, very grating), a young Ricky Paull Goldin, and Elizabeth Ashley. There was also a lot of ACTING! from RPG and Elizabeth, especially RPG. Of course the 80s was full of overwrought drama...it depends on the director to harness it.

Elizabeth Ashley went on to be Frankie's mother on AW in 1989 or 1990. I can't remember if she had any scenes with RPG (who played her nephew).

• Members

Because these were made in Canada (as was the 80s Alfred Hitcock reboot), for a LONG time they'd air (both in the "adult" softcore version and in the edited version") on late night Canadian tv to fill "Can-Con" quotas, and I swear I've seen all of them, but off the top of my head can't remember other soap stars. I'm sure there were some though.

• Members

I read that Kim Lankford/Ginger from Knots was in one too but I haven't seen that one.

The DVD I rented also had an episode with the always underrated Fred Ward and Denise Galik, who went on to be Karen's mother on GH (and once or twice on PC). He was some type of a demented artist and she was his terrified model, and things got really ugly when he brought some young stud around to keep Denise from leaving. It was all very OTT of course.

I do miss 80's anthology shows. Given how paranoid everyone is these days you'd think they would make a comeback, instead of the latest Botoxed bimbo and her D-list cable show.

Archived