AMC: Friday April 30, 2010

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Long time lurker... first time poster... I thought I read awhile ago that DV was taking acting classes. I don't think she is just now taking them... but I agree complete with Cheap21...

DV has never been convincing to me and this fiesty Randi falls flat as well...

• Members

I should not have to be tortured while DV learns her craft. She is aweful, and there has to be hundreds of young aspiring actresses who might be easy on the eyes who can act just a little. Watching her is like the NBA playoffs. You are down to 1 minute and 46 seconds. Coach is contemplating bringing someone off the bench, and for some odd reason, he pulls the guy with the crutches to finish the game. DV is the absolute weakest link!

ANDREA

• Members

^ :lol: Though I think Harold got hit by a car or died of natural causes? All's I remember is that Harold #1 died and they RECAST THE DOG with a DIFFERENT BREED. :lol: Harold was obviously a mutt and hard to replace, but they should have cut their losses and let him die offscreen a la Bonkers.

How many more times can we do this with Janet, I mean, she's been pretty much "ruined" for any chance of normalcy unless they pull an Addie Cramer (not that they're interested in having Janet around longterm anyway). But is it going to be like a semi-recurring Mitch Lawrence thing here, they just pull her down off of a shelf and let her run mad for a while, then put her away? :rolleyes:

• Members

The only viablilty Janet has as a character is with Robin Mattson in the role. Robin's Janet was alot more subtle with her crazyness. She was more cunning and calculating and she did have more layers. Kate's Janet while entertaining has always been over the top and just too crazy and extreme to be a viable character on the show. Kate's Janet is more like a Disney villian, one dimensional and an overall joke. She's good in small doses but they tend to write her where she has no chance of actualyl sticking around.

• Members

I agree. And I said this upon her last visit, but this latest incarnation almost feels like a third Janet opposed to the return of the first. Kate originally played Janet as very nervous and mousy, she kind of came out of her shell with the Natalie masquerade which transitioned well into Robin's nervous yet more grounded Janet, but now they write her like she's Auntie Mame on Prozac. I'm of course thrilled to see Kate Collins back and working, but I can't say that I'm a fan of what they're doing with her... jury's still out for me.

Archived