Successful presentation Popular Culture confab

edgeofnight

• Members

I wanted to let everyone know that my presentation 'Memories of The Edge of Night' at the American Popular Culture Association Annual Conference in St. Louis, Missouri, based on my chapter in the forthcoming book,Survival of Soap opera: Transformations for a New Media Era,' University Press of Mississippi, Decembe 2010, was a resounding success.

Thanks to Mark Faulkner, I was able to also show a four minute clip chronicling Edge's 28 year history (I received special permission from Telenext to do so).

The presentation had a special air of poignancy because I delivered it on Friday afternoon, April 2, which was Edge's 54th anniversary.

I can't thank all of you enough for your help and encouragement in putting this presentation together.

I had a wonderful lunch with Donald May in early March, and had a wonderful time. I also received a beautiful photo and note from jeanne Ruskin (Laurie Ann 1973 - 75), Millee Taggart, Jennifer Taylor among others.

Thank you, all.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congratulations!

Fanatastic to hear that you are keeping the memories of Edge alive.It seems you have been in contact with Mark Faulkner.Does he have any plans for his website? I always worry that it will one day disappear.

Please keep us posted on the book and any other related happenings.

Archived